Potential Bus Restructuring in Downtown Flushing July 2010

Amtrak7

Well sorry if you cant read it clearly.

If you have an attitude, send me a PM and we'll settle this elsewhere. We're all just trying to come up with ideas to ameliorate the situation in Flushing. However far-fetched and radical they may be, you must respect the ideas no matter how ridiculous they sound. I'm clear as a green signal on this.

If you have an attitude, send me a PM and we'll settle this elsewhere. We're all just trying to come up with ideas to ameliorate the situation in Flushing. However far-fetched and radical they may be, you must respect the ideas no matter how ridiculous they sound. I'm clear as a green signal on this.

You getting ridiculous. I made an apology, thats all. If it hurt your feelings then ignore my post.

How often does people get hit out in Flushing...i've seen people walking in the street when there's cars or buses coming at them...some of them don't look to see if there's anything coming,because they are too busy looking at their phone.

How often does people get hit out in Flushing...i've seen people walking in the street when there's cars or buses coming at them...some of them don't look to see if there's anything coming,because they are too busy looking at their phone.

In the past year, there were many instances of pedestrian-driver accidents in that vicinity. Read the Chinese newspapers, every 2 weeks there's a headline like that in the local news.

Many of the accidents happen late at night though. Jaywalking is one of the factors.
That happens all over, people see it's night time so less traffic will be around, but one time this jay walker on Tremont Avenue crossed without looking, my friend with #5454 floored it and aimed the bus at him no horn, doing 45MPH and counting LOL! That kid finally looked to his right and my god did he jump across the sidewalk!

That happens all over, people see it's night time so less traffic will be around, but one time this jay walker on Tremont Avenue crossed without looking, my friend with #5454 floored it and aimed the bus at him no horn, doing 45MPH and counting LOL! That kid finally looked to his right and my god did he jump across the sidewalk!

That's right, they just have to wait for the damn light. Everything might be nice and quiet unless the headlights are too close to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this posted in another post but think this is the more appropriate place for it!!

The whole Q66 line needs to be revamped....I think they should take the last stop off of main street....and make the last stop Northern blvd and Main St. It will take some of the traffic off of Main St. It is only a couple of blocks walk to the number 7 train at that point, and if you are that lazy you can catch a Q25/65 to the 7. Also they should put limited buses at peak travel times....(rush hour) and maybe with them making the last stop at Northern and Main....they could use artics...make the left turn at the Intersection of Northern and Main heading back to Queens Plaza....that will be the Last/first stop.

Now no more turning at 35 ave to go to 21st straight down Northern Blvd to Queens Plaza.....turning at 35 ave is redundant....the q100 runs every 10 min during peak travel time and then you have the Q69 that runs along 21st as well.....if anything add a another stop to the Q100 and make it stop at 35ave along 21st.

OOo and the stop at 82st and 83st do away with the 82st stop.....also have the bus stops moved to every 3-4 blocks.....the blocks are not long so that should be fine....

• 2 months later...

The plan takes effect on the 18th. One concern is that the major routes will either be stopping on Main north of 39th (20, 44, 17), or actually on 39th west of Main (27, 66, 19, 50). People will have a hard time finding their way to the (7) station from there, and I bet there would be a ton of passengers lost on Main St because they come from the station and not know where the buses are. I doubt there would be wayfinding signs on the sidewalk!

The plan takes effect on the 18th. One concern is that the major routes will either be stopping on Main north of 39th (20, 44, 17), or actually on 39th west of Main (27, 66, 19, 50). People will have a hard time finding their way to the (7) station from there, and I bet there would be a ton of passengers lost on Main St because they come from the station and not know where the buses are. I doubt there would be wayfinding signs on the sidewalk!

They are delaying this project as June announce in the MTA Board meeting. MTA and NYCDOT needs to work out the problems in this project in order the traffic wont turn into a gridlock zone.

Archived