Does 5 Avenue deserve a subway line?

JubaionBx12+SBS

Hey guys how did the conversation go from "A 5th avenue subway" to the 3rd, 2nd & the 1st avenue subway??

its the flow of the conversation..going off topic is natural in a conversation

you go from the original topic to something thats off topic but still revelent, continue that process and you'll end up on something else than the original topic

its the flow of the conversation..going off topic is natural in a conversation

you go from the original topic to something thats off topic but still revelent, continue that process and you'll end up on something else than the original topic

well that's true

Well, I do not think it is feasable and comfortable because many of the stores will face problems, especially portions of the Apple Store, some parts of the Trump tower and the Best Buy and Staples store which mostly are located underground. You'll have frequent 'rumbling' felt and it will create a headache and potential power problems (flickering lights, and laptops/desktops restarting. So, I would rather have MTR Admiralty's BRT proposal, but I would run the BRT Northbound via Madison (obvious), and Southbound on 5th Ave. but it'll run over 7th Ave. from 59th St. to 52nd St. due to traffic reasons.

Where does this happen ANYWHERE else in the city...

Depending on the wiring, I see sometimes in certain Best Buy/Staples stores with flickering lights during some kinda rumbling. Once I saw computers turn off completely, I am mainly concerned about the noise the employees will face.

Where (As I know):

Carnegie Hall (recent complaint about the BDWY line).

Sparro (33rd St.) (1)(2)(3) when the Redbirds are around.

Burger King (34th St. by Macy's) (:)(D)(F)(V)(N)(R)(Q)(W)

Burger King (By the future Fulton St. Transit Complex).

Now, I think the locations listed above improved wiring. because I see new lighting installments, I am still concerned about locations without Subway lines.

Previous Ho Kip or Yip Restaurant locations (By Century 21 Sept. Store in Lower Manhattan) (A)(C). - Moved so no new info.

If that is a proven subway-related phenomenon, then blame cut and cover construction. Any new construction would use the TBM method and that should bring none of that.

Personally, I agree with the notion of having a BRT under 5/Madison Avenue or a Madison Avenue LRT. With the BRT, the M1 is the most logical route to make the official BRT from Lenox to 8th Street, you could have the M2, M3, and M4 would run as feeder routes that would terminate at 110th Street, and have the M5/M6 run to South Ferry.

Archived