What your reaction be if your flight/train ride was delayed due to natural diaster?

Shortline Bus

I am sure most of you have been watching the news and what has been happening in Europe due to the volcano in Iceland. As many of you are aware by now, almost all of the plane flights across Europe has been cancelled due to the volcano. Harry has already created a topic on the latest news on it.

http://www.nyctransitforums.comforumsshowthread.php?p=259990#post259990

This thread asks you guys that suppose a major natural disaster such as Hurricane Katrina type storm or snowstorm hit the NYC metro area or your hometown delayed your flight or train ride on Amtrak for several days how would you react? This event like the volcano in Iceland causes you to miss a wedding, visit relatives, a 'dream vacation' an important job interview (that you don't get the job because of this mess) etc. or something you planned but the benefit is saving your life? I know this may seem dumb question, but it could happen at any time but i doubt a volcano will hit NYC any time soon though.

I find amazing how many of the air travelers in Europe who mostly are very patient are acting like Americans and complaining like crazy. What you think guys? Also should the airlines already claiming to be losing tons of money offer 'partial or full refunds?" So guys what you think?

What would my reaction be?!?!? WHAT WOULD MY REACTION BE?!?!? I'D BE PISSED LIKE A M$^(%ER F%*&%#$*ER. Slave at work every damn f*&%ing day so that I can go to Paris and enjoy my vacation, then some damn open crater in Bumf**ks, Iceland with a summabitch population of two goats and a rabid raccoon named Shkliksaspratolathingamajig decides to spew some molten pimple lava into the air just to keep me locked down in this rotten hellhole of a f*&$ing city!!!!!! DAMN MY F**&^$ING LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Then I'd go grab a beer and watch reruns of I Love Lucy.

What would my reaction be?!?!? WHAT WOULD MY REACTION BE?!?!? I'D BE PISSED LIKE A M$^(%ER F%*&%#$*ER. Slave at work every damn f*&%ing day so that I can go to Paris and enjoy my vacation, then some damn open crater in Bumf**ks, Iceland with a summabitch population of two goats and a rabid raccoon named Shkliksaspratolathingamajig decides to spew some molten pimple lava into the air just to keep me locked down in this rotten hellhole of a f*&$ing city!!!!!! DAMN MY F**&^$ING LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO:tup:

If my train was delayed i'd just sit back and wait, see if i couldn't get a ride or take a bus. If i was flying from overseas, i'd see if i could hop a ship back, otherwise i'd find a place to stay nearby till flights resume.

- A

Better than I could have put it

Looks like many air travelers in Europe and all over the globe are at the mercy of the ashes from Iceland. Worst case scenrio it could be 2 weeks before global air travel returns to normal. Here in US, some NYC hotels are offering up to 25-30% off Manhattan hotels. In Fla. Disney World and Sea World are offering 'free admission' at their Orlando parks with proof of an airline ticket to Europe.

Here NBC news report. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=36618519

I'd create a handle on subchat and start bitching about it.

Seriously though (depending on the severity of the natural disaster, and where I am, relative to the type of disaster), I'd be scared than a mo'fo.... have no problem stating that either... Gettin stuck in a tunnel (subway) during an earthquake... ANY type of natural disaster that involves a body of water, while being on the ferry... you're gonna have that mouse-trapped-in-a-cage feeling.... not fun at all...

....unlike some (most) people here in the States, who'd worry more about being late to an interview.

yeh, much like the police & the EMT's who turn on their sirens b/c they're late for breakfast and/or lunch....

LMAO, that sh!t is funny, Zman. How do you pronounce the rabid raccoons name???????

I'd go on a shooting spree. so duck.

One things for sure, you'd never have to worry about travel delays ever again after that.

LMAO, that sh!t is funny, Zman. How do you pronounce the rabid raccoons name???????

Marvin.:cool:

Lmfao, This (minus the beer). Then I'd do this in the airport...(minus the remote in the @$$ part). :)

This video still makes me laugh every time I watch it. :o

• 2 weeks later...

I would be patient and listen for updates. I also would say a prayer for the people affected by the natural disaster.

While it wasn't a natural disaster, one summer, it was raining very steadily at the end of vacation and my flight home out of Newark Liberty was delayed (understanderbly). The pilots did a good job once we were cleared for takeoff, but I missed my connecting flight. I was flying Northwestern.

Since it was Minneapolis-Saint Paul, I didn't mind at all waiting to be placed on another flight. I explored the area, got a small snack, purchased a couple of small gifts and waited for my name to be called.

Archived