WWE Smackdown leaving My 9....

BJC

MY network which is now owned by Fox-TV should just cease to exist. And Ch.9 in NYC/NJ area IMO should return to it's pre-1995 days as a independent non-Network' station. Also the so called new 'sy fy' should just change their name to something else since they no longer showing much science fiction shows/documentaries anyhow. Why is Sy FY' trying to compete with other basic cable channels like USA Network, MTV, TBS/TBS, AMC, just to name a few in the already crowded battle for same audience?

As far as WWE fans, i think now almost all of it's weekly shows is on 'basic cable' which is not great news for WWE fans who can't or don't want cable.

In the '80's, when i was a little boy, WWE then the "WWF" was a staple of Saturday and Sunday afternoon on Ch.5 and 9 in NYC in the pre-Fox and UPN/MY network days.

I haven't watched Smackdown in months. Wrestling as a whole has gone down the drain. I think it's a mistake to remove wrestling from free TV. Like Shortline said, Channel 9 is basically irrelevant. The only thing they have is an occassional Yankees game.

I did enjoy the former WWF and even NWA/WCW as a kid in the '80's and early 90's. I think WWE Boss Vince McMhaon is making a big mistake to get rid of all of his WWE event on 'free tv' and thus may lose younger fans down the road like boxing did, having all of their events on cable and pay per view.

McMhaon and his WWE folks already have most of their events on cable and pay per view right now as the weekend shows on free tv has quietly died in last 5-10 years.

(W)we is (E)ntertainment so fake or not ,Whatever it's their to watch and of coarse I watch it when I can so having said that (D)on't forget about

(W)restlemania will be PPV so Enjoy to the (F)aithful (F)ans

and we will all watch it on TV someway:tup:

and that the (B)ottom line:tup:

KR is right: I don't care whether it is fake or not, it's simply for pure amusement. Hardcore fans these days die to see Chris Jericho get speared by Edge. Sometimes the storylines get interesting, such as the Montreal Screwjob. But whatever the case is, you can watch it online or get the results.

Oh jeez, this is just stupid. It's bad enough Tuesdays has that NXT shit, but more WWF on Syfy? They don't even have any science content. If it's for fiction, then maybe.

But still this shit should go on USA.

I hope the Comcast-NBC deal is done with so they can bring back a real sci-fi netowrk.

Well on the brightside, by October Lost would already be done so there's nothing else airing on Tuesdays for me.

MY network which is now owned by Fox-TV should just cease to exist. And Ch.9 in NYC/NJ area IMO should return to it's pre-1995 days as a independent non-Network' station. Also the so called new 'sy fy' should just change their name to something else since they no longer showing much science fiction shows/documentaries anyhow. Why is Sy FY' trying to compete with other basic cable channels like USA Network, MTV, TBS/TBS, AMC, just to name a few in the already crowded battle for same audience?

As far as WWE fans, i think now almost all of it's weekly shows is on 'basic cable' which is not great news for WWE fans who can't or don't want cable.

In the '80's, when i was a little boy, WWE then the "WWF" was a staple of Saturday and Sunday afternoon on Ch.5 and 9 in NYC in the pre-Fox and UPN/MY network days.

Dont forget Championship Wrestling at midnight on channel 9 WOR=TV which followed the trotters and after Wrestling they used to show Fright Night.

Oh jeez, this is just stupid. It's bad enough Tuesdays has that NXT shit, but more WWF on Syfy? They don't even have any science content. If it's for fiction, then maybe.

But still this shit should go on USA.

I hope the Comcast-NBC deal is done with so they can bring back a real sci-fi netowrk.

Well on the brightside, by October Lost would already be done so there's nothing else airing on Tuesdays for me.

NXT is a waste of time, IMO

Wrestling can be fake and still be worth watching. However, when Rey Mysterio beats Batista (and Batista outweighs him by 100 pounds) then it looks ridiculous.

It looks ridiculous when anyone beats the Big Show. He should have been touted as the New Andre The Giant, and feared as such. 7'4 almost 500lbs (I think he went to 450lbs now), has giantism a pituitary gland problem (he has that corrected, unlike Andre). Big as Kane and Undertaker are, he could rip them apart, as they are just tall, but doesn't have the disease he has. His gives him tremendous strength........

I stopped giving a shit about wrestling a long time ago.

You and me both brotha..........

It looks ridiculous when anyone beats the Big Show. He should have been touted as the New Andre The Giant, and feared as such. 7'4 almost 500lbs (I think he went to 450lbs now), has giantism a pituitary gland problem (he has that corrected, unlike Andre). Big as Kane and Undertaker are, the could rip them apart, as they are just tall, but doesn't have the disease he has. His gives him tremendous strength........

Yes Vince Mcmahon has made Wrestling into a joke , his father must be roliing over in his grave

Yes Vince Mcmahon has made Wrestling into a joke , his father must be roliing over in his grave

Vince when he took over from his father (or bought it), he was creative then. I think it was cause he had competition. Now, since he bought up everything, and the cheesy ones just popped up (TNA), he figures he doesn't have to produce more realistic, and good storyline anymore.........

It was a nightmare when I happened to go by TNA (on Spike TV IIRC), and then I saw Hulk Hogan, and a bloated retard, fighting Rick Flair (with his saggy man tits), and some nobody. Sting, comes out, acts as if he is there to help Hulk Hogan, then does his usual played out, take the bat to the good guy routine. All of them must be broke, cause Rick Flair, Sting and Hulk Hogan should have been retired 3 times over by now. Guess for Hogan, that beating in the ring, is nothing compared to that beating his ex-wife and her lawyer gave him, when she divorced him..............

They probably felt theres not much science fiction fans anymore. They just wanted USA to share the wealth, lol.

I don't think any other network besides the CW would commit to a weekly wrestling show on their station. I think the WWE contract with NBC Universal includes one show a year for Saturday Night Main Event on NBC.

They probably felt theres not much science fiction fans anymore. They just wanted USA to share the wealth, lol.

I don't think any other network besides the CW would commit to a weekly wrestling show on their station. I think the WWE contract with NBC Universal includes one show a year for Saturday Night Main Event on NBC.

At the height of then WWF popularity in the late '80's (ie Hulkmania dude lol :cool:) the Saturday Night Main Event was on 'every month' and was also I think on weekly at 1130pm during the summer holidays when "Saturday Night Live"was on summer hitaus as well for NBC.

At the height of then WWF popularity in the late '80's (ie Hulkmania dude lol :cool:) the Saturday Night Main Event was on 'every month' and was also I think on weekly at 1130pm during the summer holidays when "Saturday Night Live"was on summer hitaus as well for NBC.

Two biggest events in wrasslin. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, and Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior. Both were heavyweight title matches. :cry::cry::cry:Oh, I miss the good ole wrasslin days, :cry::cry::cry:...........

It looks ridiculous when anyone beats the Big Show. He should have been touted as the New Andre The Giant, and feared as such. 7'4 almost 500lbs (I think he went to 450lbs now), has giantism a pituitary gland problem (he has that corrected, unlike Andre). Big as Kane and Undertaker are, he could rip them apart, as they are just tall, but doesn't have the disease he has. His gives him tremendous strength........

The only people who could beat Big Show are Mark Henry and the Great Khali. Kane gives up 150 pounds to the Big Show.

It's not (entirely) his fault. After Hogan, Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), and Kevin Nash left, the WWF was losing to WCW in the Monday Night Wars. However, when they started the Attitude era and DX, things got better. When Austin got hurt because Owen Hart screwed up a piledriver, The Rock became the marquee star. He had a legendary rivalry with Triple H. By then, WCW was collapsing. The peak of wrestling was in 2002 when The Rock fought Hogan at Wrestlemania. However, The Rock's ego became too big and he decided to make movies. No one filled the void left by The Rock. John Cena is a cheap imitation.

The only people who could beat Big Show are Mark Henry and the Great Khali. Kane gives up 150 pounds to the Big Show.

I forget of the Great Khali. He would be a great match. But even Mark Henry "the world's strongest man", Big Show will put a thrashing on he, IMO. Picking up weights, is not the same as picking up a human, that can move and hit back.............

Do you think if the Big Show, Yokozuna, Great Khali, Mark Henry, King Mable (became Viscera), and Andre the Giant, were to stand in the ring all at once, the ring would collapse?????????

It's not (entirely) his fault. After Hogan, Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), and Kevin Nash left, the WWF was losing to WCW in the Monday Night Wars. However, when they started the Attitude era and DX, things got better. When Austin got hurt because Owen Hart screwed up a piledriver, The Rock became the marquee star. He had a legendary rivalry with Triple H. By then, WCW was collapsing. The peak of wrestling was in 2002 when The Rock fought Hogan at Wrestlemania. However, The Rock's ego became too big and he decided to make movies. No one filled the void left by The Rock. John Cena is a cheap imitation.

True but now its a joke with guest host on Raw and bringing all these cheesy clebrities into wrestling. Wrestlers used to have some skills now they are just bad actors. Wrestlers like Bruno Sammartino. Bob Backlund, Stan Hansen the Funk and Brisco brothers not only sold their wrestling moves but were Athletes now you have a bunch of clowns running around. After the Rock,Stone Cold, Triple H and DX era the WWE is a circus and a bad circus at that.

Remember when Floyd Mayweather beat him when in reality he would've gotten man handled.

I was never really interested in wrestling.

Archived