Were you ever stuck on a train in the train yard?

Abba

Well, if it was in the yard, it won't be good. But for me, the only time was on the (5), I was riding the (5) to Brooklyn to meet my father at work (when I was 8-10 years old (somewhere around 2002-2003), and I thought the (5) was going to go to Brooklyn but apparently a sudden service change made it go to Bowling Green and go in the inner loop of the South Ferry (1) station which is not available for passenger service. By the time I realized this train was going to go back to the yard, I contacted the C/R and she dropped me off at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall. But a station attendant at Brooklyn Bridge gave me and the C/R and T/O of the train a yellin' as well as staff at Bowling Green... BTW, that was in a R-142, :)...

Also, for your info on where trains go, they go to the yard, or storage at abandoned stations or a loop back into service and for your info the the City Hall Loop (6), it is okay for you to ride thru it, and I believe it is the only one that is legit, but Coney Island can be counted as one if you Ride a (F) or (Q) train and Transfer to a (N) or (D) train.

Counted as what? Last time I checked, those lines end in a station and don't go into a yard.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Counted as what? Last time I checked, those lines end in a station and don't go into a yard.

I think he means that the (D) and (N) trains cut through yard property...however, I don't think that would count either.

There are probably old abandoned stations and other such things we passengers don't get to see..

City Hall...but

the City Hall Loop (6), it is okay for you to ride thru it,

Unfortunately, some crews don't know this. If a T/O or C/R of one train kicks you out (even after you explain that you want to see the loop), just get on the next train.

Well, if it was in the yard, it won't be good. But for me, the only time was on the (5), I was riding the (5) to Brooklyn to meet my father at work (when I was 8-10 years old (somewhere around 2002-2003), and I thought the (5) was going to go to Brooklyn but apparently a sudden service change made it go to Bowling Green and go in the inner loop of the South Ferry (1) station which is not available for passenger service. By the time I realized this train was going to go back to the yard, I contacted the C/R and she dropped me off at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall. But a station attendant at Brooklyn Bridge gave me and the C/R and T/O of the train a yellin' as well as staff at Bowling Green... BTW, that was in a R-142, :)...

Also, for your info on where trains go, they go to the yard, or storage at abandoned stations or a loop back into service and for your info the the City Hall Loop (6), it is okay for you to ride thru it, and I believe it is the only one that is legit, but Coney Island can be counted as one if you Ride a (F) or (Q) train and Transfer to a (N) or (D) train.

Interesting..

You're right, it doesn't. The thread concerns actually entering the yard.

Yup...which the (D) and (N) don't do; they're on their respective main line West End and Sea Beach trackage, not Coney Island Yard trackage.*

*Aimed at everyone in general.

Maybe it is just me and few others, but it is technically a loop (D) & (N) counting as part 1 of the loop and (F) & (Q) counting as part 2 of the the loop, or the other way, your preference.

That's not a "loop" nor is it part of any yard. That's the Stillwell avenue STATION which is considered revenue track and in service.

Maybe it is just me and few others, but it is technically a loop (D) & (N) counting as part 1 of the loop and (F) & (Q) counting as part 2 of the the loop, or the other way, your preference.

A LOOP, are you serious? Please take a look at a map, you will see that there is NO loop there.

Megabus is wrong, how many times?

Too many times. The only way there could be a "loop" is if a (Q) coming down the Brightion went back to the city via the (N) line and even then it's not a real loop. A real loop would be an (N) train leaving 86th St, going into CIY, going around the yard LOOP, and coming back to 86th St. That will never happen, ever.

Never mind if you cannot understand the main idea of the Coney Island Mega-Terminal's possible loop, so I'll leave the arguement...

So long, :P...

Yep, you really cant understand. The fact of the matter is there is no loop on the revenue track or it is impossible to build a loop in the terminal and it was explain by 3 different members.

Depending on what equipment is used, or available in the yard, will a single car ever be used to bring a passenger out of the yard without having to move an entire train?

I imagine that regardless of what's used to move the stowaway, that HAS to cause delays and/or yard rerouting as well as piss the yardmaster off. :mad:

They won't risk having a "customer" getting off the train in the yard. You will bring that entire train back into the nearest station. Then you might have to do a long relay, to get back into the yard..........

They won't risk having a "customer" getting off the train in the yard. You will bring that entire train back into the nearest station. Then you might have to do a long relay, to get back into the yard..........

and then whoever cleaned out the train gets in trouble.

Imagine being trapped in Pitkin Yard under that Effed Up @$$ apartment complex, that place was tore the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks up the last time I was there. Literally had to walk on water to get to the damn building. 2 stories up and the rails are broken and covered with garbage bags. Gun shot holes in the windows.

I just noticed I started rambling on and on...

How long do the cars stay there, a lot of the yards look semi-abandoned to me.

Archived