Were you ever stuck on a train in the train yard?

Abba

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some word of advice to those who don't want to end up stuck in a out of service train, when the train reaches its last stop, leave. There are usually several reminders, etc Conductor's announcements, Public Address announcements in stations reminding passengers that the train you just rode on is out of service, going to the yard, etc, and train crews telling passengers to leave. It's about paying attention to when the train is in service or out of service.

And yes, you might as well stay awake or wake up from your nap right before that happens.

Not on the subway, but once on PATH, I somehow boarded on the wrong side at Newark Penn Station by accident.

You can imagine my surprise as the train started moving west (toward South Street). Fortunately the train was reversing for a WTC run and fortunately the train crew were understanding.

It always amazes me when the homeless, who sit there rambling and totally incoherent for the whole ride, still understand to get off the train when it reaches the terminal, while idiot tourists stand there ignoring the announcments and taking pictures until they are yelled at by the station conductors.

Archived