Before the MCI D4500

WannaBeMTA12

• 5 months later...

* really sorry for bringing up old topic *

The RTS suburbans are the worst to ride especially on a non express route

after taking your seat in the rear it is near impossible to get off unless you are getting off at a main stop

Here are the STO Suburban RTS' ( yes they have rear doors )

sto_rts_interior.jpg

Sorry to say this but Well for JAM I believe they're RTS'es defintely lost all of their suburban seats. I haven't seen nor rode an RTS with Suburban seats since last year.

Me too, the last time i rode one was like 2008 on the Q3

after taking your seat in the rear it is near impossible to get off unless you are getting off at a main stop

Here are the STO Suburban RTS' ( yes they have rear doors )

sto_rts_interior.jpg

I rode this on the X63 back in 2000.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

All the buses that had the seats (9250-9349) were either reseated or retired.

Its better than making a new thread about it. Riding it on a local route was a real pain in the ass, I used to go out to Ulmer and try to catch one on the B6. I always sat in the front seats facing the door since it gets ultra packed.

Another thing I miss about them was when most got reseated, they kept the platform in them so you would have standard seating but forward facing seats

I caught an RTS with the standard seating but raised platform left over on the Q46 this summer. I forgot the number, but it was definitely a strange looking (i.e. pretty old and run down) compared to the othe rbuses, and the B/O was a real character. May have been a put-in or whatever.

I caught an RTS with the standard seating but raised platform left over on the Q46 this summer. I forgot the number, but it was definitely a strange looking (i.e. pretty old and run down) compared to the othe rbuses, and the B/O was a real character. May have been a put-in or whatever.

I believe your saw #9250-9252 (from QV which also runs the Q46) because they still have platforms just with regular seats along with the rest of the buses in the 9250's numbers

Archived