Buffed up police presence on Jerome Line

MTR Admiralty

Did something happen very recently on the (4) line? My friends and I take the (4) everyday southbound from Bedford Park Blvd and there is almost no police presence on the platforms. Today though, there were several cops (on duty) patrolling the platform. There was also a cop at Fordham Rd. I also heard rumours of a subway mugging. Anyone got answers?

Did something happen very recently on the (4) line? My friends and I take the (4) everyday southbound from Bedford Park Blvd and there is almost no police presence on the platforms. Today though, there were several cops (on duty) patrolling the platform. There was also a cop at Fordham Rd. I also heard rumours of a subway mugging. Anyone got answers?

The Moscow bombing?

I doubt it. Why would terrorist want to bomb Fordham Road? It's a major road and everything, but the primary targets are Times Square and Grand Central.

There actually is a rationale in patrolling outer borough stations though. But regardless, I have doubts that the bombing is related to this kind of police presence. There were no dogs or any submachine guns on them.

Yeah Dumb SchoolKids acting up....

Fordham or even the bronx as target? I doubt..

Manhattans downtown area is the most targeted for terrist.

On the other hand i haven't notice this issue..

Maybe fordhamkid knows? Hes from teh (4).

The mugging incident is true. My classmates was one of the victims. He said he was mugged by a group of older kids on the Manhattan-bound 4 Train between Bedford Park and Kingsbridge.

Thanks, the whole line has buffed up security now. 5 cops wer eat Bedford Park. Yesterday, my friend spotted a K9 and two cops were positioned at 176th today.

As a person who was born by the (4) in burnside its cause it runs threw the ghetto and also when kids set up party's they always meet at 161 (4)(D)(:P in Mcds its where all people chill at ..watch when its fully the summer time you will see more things happen especcaly at night time more then you will see then after school.. it wasen't that worse long ago now today is crazy but i moved by pehlam bay (6) like around 2001 so im fine.

As a person who was born by the (4) in burnside its cause it runs threw the ghetto and also when kids set up party's they always meet at 161 (4)(D)(:P in Mcds its where all people chill at ..watch when its fully the summer time you will see more things happen especcaly at night time more then you will see then after school.. it wasen't that worse long ago now today is crazy but i moved by pehlam bay (6) like around 2001 so im fine.

This is daytime though

I know it gets crazy too when all the kids come out of school they like to act stupid i remember one time in 2008 a R-62 (4) train was coming in to moshulo pkway in the morning at that time i saw a group of kids cutting they threw a perm marker at the front window where the T/O was while the train was coming fast in the station they ran away though.

I know it gets crazy too when all the kids come out of school they like to act stupid i remember one time in 2008 a R-62 (4) train was coming in to moshulo pkway in the morning at that time i saw a group of kids cutting they threw a perm marker at the front window where the T/O was while the train was coming fast in the station they ran away though.

The future leaders of our country.

Yeah, could be the Clinton kids. But I don't single them out, rowdy kids are everywhere at every age and time. Kids throw snowballs and whatnot from the elevated platforms and then at trains.

The future leaders of our country.

Is this comment necessary?

Last Friday I was riding the (4) to Kingsbridge and I did noticed a buffed up police presence on the Jerome Line. From 161 Street-Yankee Stadium I saw about a dozen cops on the platforms. One straphanger asked one female cop that "is the Yankees playing today?" She said not today, we doing regular patrol. Some of the cops got on the (4) train that I was on and some cars had about 3 cops doing patrol. Sometimes I ride the (4) train to Lehman College to hang out with my friends and they mention increased robberies along the (4) train. I overheard from some cops that the buffed up police presence will continue in the future with about regular patrols about 2-3 times a week.

Last Friday I was riding the (4) to Kingsbridge and I did noticed a buffed up police presence on the Jerome Line. From 161 Street-Yankee Stadium I saw about a dozen cops on the platforms. One straphanger asked one female cop that "is the Yankees playing today?" She said not today, we doing regular patrol. Some of the cops got on the (4) train that I was on and some cars had about 3 cops doing patrol. Sometimes I ride the (4) train to Lehman College to hang out with my friends and they mention increased robberies along the (4) train. I overheard from some cops that the buffed up police presence will continue in the future with about regular patrols about 2-3 times a week.

Wow.. back before the increased robberies, cop presence was usually very random.

Archived