Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trainfan22

Combining the ENY yards

Well the past couple of days i have thinking up this idea.ENY yard pikin yard livonia yard and canarsie yard. Are all within a five mile radius of each eother.Why not combine them?I mean it could help out all four yards.

Like for example

Livonia yard has problems keeping their R62s clean

ENY R143/160s are very shiny and clean ENY could clean the R62s

ENY problems has problems with mainence R143s have dead motors R42s have a bunch of problems

Pikin yard R32/R38s and even their R44 are great shape.Pikin yard could help out ENY maintaining the R42/R143

Canarsie Yard could used for storage for the R62,R142 and any B div car.

Fleet flexabilty you could run an R160A on the (C).An R32 on the (J),(Z) and (M) lines and vise versa

Do you think this would be an good idea?

What do you mean combine them? If you think about it they are all seperate yards for a reason. I am not that familiar with those yards at all. Don't you think it would cause more problems than solve?

What do you mean combine them? If you think about it they are all seperate yards for a reason. I am not that familiar with those yards at all. Don't you think it would cause more problems than solve?

I was thinking that they restore the old pikin ave El and connect ENY and pikin yards.So ENY could get help with maintence.And electify the (3) and (L) line connection.So that some A div cars can be stored in canarise yard.And some R42/R160 from ENY could be stored at canarise yard or pikin yard.for better fleet flexiabilty.And the R62s could go to ENY yards for cleaning.Since liviona yard has problems keeping their cars clean.And ENY R143/R160s are very clean.See what im saying?

You can't send R 62's to ENY because they are not trained and don't have equipment for those cars. Livonia does a good on there own. Pitkin YD already has there work cut out for them since they handle the R 32/R44. They help Jamicia out some times with there R 32's. ENY also handles all of the (J)(L)(M)(Z) Lines. Canarcie is nothing but a storage YD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.