Angry Phillies Fan Vomits On Cop's Child

Infamous85

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/04/phillies-fan-charged-with-intentionally-vomiting-on-cops-kid/1

Philadelphia has always been known for having tough crowds, but bad fan behavior there may have hit a new low at a Phillies game this week. There, a 21-year-old fan allegedly vomited intentionally on the 11-year-old daughter of an off-duty cop.

Police have charged Matthew Clemmens of Cherry Hill, N.J., with aggravated assault and other counts in the Wednesday incident at Citizens Bank Park.

I just read this like 3 minutes ago and I'm still laughing which I know isn't right, this happens when I'm tired. This is terribly cruel though, I hope they go hard on him.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/04/phillies-fan-charged-with-intentionally-vomiting-on-cops-kid/1

I just read this like 3 minutes ago and I'm still laughing which I know isn't right, this happens when I'm tired. This is terribly cruel though, I hope they go hard on him.

I listen to WIP-AM(Philly's version of WFAN)sometimes both online and when i visit my brothers in Southern NJ and many callers get so defensive at the national/international repution as America's Cruelest sports fans. The same Philly fans that once booed Santa Claus at an Eagles game.

This incident does not help to improve that repuation.

I dont get how Vomiting on someone counts as an assault.. But after reading the rest of the article i see where its goin..

But all i can say is....

FAIL!

deliberately spitting, vomiting, urinating, defecating, even blowing your nose at someone (holding one nostril, while aiming your snot at someone) all counts as an assault, at the very least... usually, these types of acts are classified under aggravated assaults....

why, because it all comes from your person... much like aiming a kick or hurling a fist @ someone...

(now if that kick or punch connects, then it's considered battery, at the very least)

it's the a] intent behind the action, and the fact the (bodily) projectile came from you.

people often think assault & battery is the same thing... when you hear the two terms being said, it's often with each other (especially in the case of 2 ppl. fighting each other), but they're not interchangable....

for example:

- If I say, "If I see you round these streets again, you goin get yours..", and you got your hands in your pocket, or inside your waistline (as to act as if you have a gun on you).... in some (most, IINM) states, that's considered assault... the threat is there to possibly inflict some type of harm....

- If I just lightly slap you in the face for no reason (doesn't even have to be a punch), no words exchanged whatsoever, and you don't approve of it, that's battery... it's the unwarranted physical touching of you that makes it so....

- If I say, "I'mma f*** you up", with your fists balled up in the process... and a barrage of punches & kicks follow that all connect, that's assault & battery....

the reason why this a$$hole got aggravated assault was because vomit (let's face it) is far more malicious to someone, than simply, making a threat.... when you're aggravated, you often get angry... no doubt in my mind that this was done out of malice & anger towards an opposing fan....

Archived