SEPTA Pix

BSL:

normal_transit_019.JPG

normal_transit_012.JPG

normal_transit_013.JPG

normal_transit_020.JPG

and look, a single ended car.... but with a surprise: Its not connected to any other cars!

normal_transit_005.JPG

and now for the NHSL (FOAM ALERT!!!):

normal_transit_036.JPG

normal_transit_035.JPG

normal_transit_038.JPG

MFL:

normal_transit_003.JPG

Bus:

normal_transit_031.JPG

normal_transit_025.JPG

normal_transit_028.JPG

normal_transit_029.JPG

normal_transit_030.JPG

Don't worry, i don't plan to steal these vehicles... yet :)

Nice. Did you see the Silverliner V?

Yep, last week at Surburban Station, thanks for the positive comment too :)

Slammin pics! What is with the BSL car in the third pic?

Thats car 666, it was smothered in graffiti and they had to take the Orange off in order to get rid of it (from what I read anyway lol)

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/oddballs.php

more towards the bottom

Nice pics.:tup:Those are some ugly trains though.:eek:

hehe Thanks for the compliment/insult :P But these ugly trains can pick up some mad speed ;)

Norristown High Speed line must be the most awesome looking light rail car in the world. Seriously, badass.

I dont rmember any Broad Street Lines having any surface stations. I thought they were all underground. I never rode on the Broad Street line spur though.

Norristown High Speed line must be the most awesome looking light rail car in the world. Seriously, badass.

I dont rmember any Broad Street Lines having any surface stations. I thought they were all underground. I never rode on the Broad Street line spur though.

1. the Norristown High Speed Line, my most favorite rail line here in SEPTA territory, can actually be qualified as heavy rail, because it has a third rail.

2.the Broad Street Line has one surface station: Fern Rock. That's the first stop going south. That's also where all the trains are stored at the depot.

Those are some awesome shots!

Aw thanks :P

Cool pics!

Thanks to you too

Nice shots! First time seeing the inside of an N-5.

Am thanks the N5s unlike the other two subway lines, have Suburban Style seating. This is one, of the only two fleets of SEPTA vehicles that still have the suburban style.

Its cool, and its history is even cooler. The BSL's first Stop is on the Surface: Fern Rock. And you can see the Rail Yard, Some Silverliners, and the historic fleet all from that one station. I got a pic of the historic fleet but the lighting was a little off so i decided not to post that crap:o

:tup: Cool pics of these wide ass cars ,Damn they are wide lol

I like how the Buses have the Destination sign on the top

Question ?? What type buses are those and how many different types

does (S)epta have :cool::tup:(K)<R>?

Thanks KR, those buses are New Flyer D40LFs, HOWEVER

SEPTA has Many different variations of the D40LFs. The 2008+ DE40LF (refered to as DE41LF hybrids) Have that same rooftop sign, and the new comming (as late as the Designlines) DE40LFR hybrids will have that rooftop sign as well.

the 2002-4 DE40LFs and the 2008 E40LFR are the ONLY New Flyers in SEPTA's fleet which DO NOT have the rear sound mounted on the roof.

The 2008 E40LFRs have them inside the bus and can be seen through the back window, and the older DE40LFs have them mounted onto the rear HV/AC system

Nice pics by the way.

But if Norristown High Speed line has 3rd rail iot must mean they never mingle with cars. So why not have a subway line serve it? Too few ridership?

The Norristown High Speed line is kinda a subway line. And it uses double cars during Rush Hour. It doesn't appear to be a subway line cause of the vehicles it uses. If you saw the older cars, you'd see it more as a subway line than anything. Also the old Budd M3s (SEPTA's Market Frankford EL cars) served this line for a while too.

Oh, and yes the ridership along this line is too low for the use of longer trains

Isnt Norristown also served by commuter train? Norristown is outside of Philadelphia right?

Yes, and that commuter line is the R6. Most of the ridership on that line is people from King Of Prussia, so they don't bother with the 100/NHSL

Archived