May 1

Blinkerdoors

I can hardly wait for the 1st of May. People are going to be past angry to livid. Poor drivers! I pray that the drivers will be safe and free from arguments. (NJT) We'll see what happens.

I CAN wait until 5/1 cause I am hoping to get some rides in on that HBLR some time soon before its too late

A bus ride like the (NJT) #80 Jersey City goes from $1.35 to $1.50 but a (NJT) HBLR ride goes to $2.10.

It'll also be slightly more to ride a bus from Jersey City to Bayonne or from Newark to Elizabeth.

The thing is, I live down here in Philly, the only way to get to the HBLR is if i take the NEC first... which is gonna be HIGH!

Yea even me, as one of the biggest NJT fans here, does not agree with these choices. However, at least they aren't cutting Access Link (ParaTransit). Disabled peopple do ALOT of protesting when their transpostation is disrpted

• 2 weeks later...

It sure is a stiff increase. With no more off peak round trip, my occasional fan trip ride from NYP to Trenton gets upped from about $21 to $31. I can save $8 round trip by taking PATH to NWK and boarding there, but I have to take into account the PATH fare...........and the additional trip time required.

As I'm 57 y/o, one of these years I can ride as a senior citizen! What age is their criteria? 62 or 65? Does one need a special ID? Is a NY resident (me) eligible for a senior discount on NJT?

I can hardly wait for the 1st of May. People are going to be past angry to livid. Poor drivers! I pray that the drivers will be safe and free from arguments. (NJT) We'll see what happens.

You KNOW that the fare increase is the fault of the front line employees who the public interacts with!

The residents of NJ elected this guy and they only have themselves to blame for this. This guy is going to find a way to screw everybody, state workers and residents alike. And if you qualify as both, look out!

And he doesn't care. I heard him say a few weeks ago words to the effect that he is going to do what he thinks is right and in 3 1/2 years the people can decide if they agree or disagree.

Sounds like another emperor who went to the same school as Guiliani & Bloomburg.

Archived