Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Canada!

EE Broadway Local

Have you ever visited our interesting neighbor to the north?

Things like visiting Ottawa, Montreal, Parc Jarry, the Montreal Metro, Toronto, watching CFTO TV Channel 9, riding the Toronto subway/street cars, Niagra Falls, going over the Peace Bridge or through the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel, collecting Canadian coins and currency?

I been to Canada several times. Visted Toronto (my cousin/godmom)and other relatives live there. Also in Toronto I been to Skydome now the Rogers Center to see a Blue Jays game and the CN Tower.

Also been to Ottawa and also Montreal. Seen a Hockey game at the old Montreal Forum with the Montreal "Habs' as well. And some 'fun' times hanging at along St Catherine's St. Montreal answer to what 42nd Street used to be look like in the 1970's/80's, tons of nightclubs and sex shops.:eek:

lol St.Catherines street is still like that plenty of sex and tatoo shops but when you go to Montreal you have to check out the Metro specificaly the green and yellow lines
St.catherines street.Sex and tatoo shops? Sounds like a very religious street if you ask me.:)

I've never been outside the USA. I hope to go to Toronto this year.

Buswizard if you can go and afford it Toronto is imo one of the most beautiful in North America and worth at least a 'weekend' trip. If using mass transit other than expensive ways ie flying or taking Amtrak, i suggest going to NYC and taking Megabus which even during 'peak summer holiday' travel season, you can travel between NY and Toronto for just under $100 round trip. It be hard to find now like during the winter 1-way fares under $20.

FYI. You now need either a passport or enhanced personal government id such as 'ehanced' driver's license to travel between the states and Canada for US citizens even if you not flying.:)

Forgot to mention i also been on the TTC subway in Toronto but yet been on the Montreal Metro.:confused::confused:

St.catherines street.Sex and tatoo shops? Sounds like a very religious street if you ask me.:)

lol i believe the church is off to the side :P. but the Bus Depot for greyhound is also on st.catherines so its always good for photos plus you can catch 3 different Metro's there

In Quebec, French is the official language. English is spoken by 12.5% of Montreal residents and a smaller number in Quebec City.

Not to mention both Montreal and Toronto now has a sizable multi cultural communities as well particuarly from the Carribean, Latin America and Asia.

Montreal has the 3rd largest Haitian-American population on the contient after NYC and Miami.

Not only have I been to Montréal, Québec City and Toronto quite a few times, but I'm driving up to Québec next Friday. Can't wait!

Mind if I tag along? B) You can drop me off in Toronto haha.

It would be 7 hours minimum, it takes 5 hours from Toronto-Ottawa, then it's about 2 hours from Ottawa-Montréal.

I driven from Watertown NY Via Interstate 81 then via 1,000 Bridges into Kingston,Ontario and taking Route 401 *west* into Toronto and got to GTA in about 3 1/2-4 hours but granted it was on a Early Saturday morning. That the alternative from Metro NYC/NJ area-Toronto driving besides going through the Buffalo area.

Ottawa is about 2 hours north of the US Border near Watertown, NY so 7 hours-plus is about correct between Montreal and Toronto barring traffic east-west or vice versa. Montreal is just north of Vermont as well.

Julio please do a mapquest to confirm it will prove OC Transport and Myself are probably correct.:P

Archived