Mercedes Benz Citaro arrived in Singapore

MTAFan

This is what New York needs! Something that has capacity and can handle greater passenger flow. Europe is so far ahead in public transportation... :eek:

I used to ride these everyday when I lived in Europe:

8155_08.jpg

8155_19.jpg

This is what New York needs! Something that has capacity and can handle greater passenger flow. Europe is so far ahead in public transportation... :eek:

8155_08.jpg

8155_19.jpg

They seriously are, the bus and train designs are really innovative. Don't forget though, for many years, America had the reputation of being "car country", so it started to focus less on bus and trains.

They seriously are, the bus and train designs are really innovative. Don't forget though, for many years, America had the reputation of being "car country", so it started to focus less on bus and trains.

But now is the time for change, isn't it? NYC deserves good buses.

NYC needs these full-time, not just as prototypes.

Sure, they can buy these and they will burn in a bonfire like the London's articulated fleet.

Anyway, we do have a Citaro look a like in the states... Orion VII Next Generation.

They could take a Citaro bus and a make in USDOT comply. Then badge it as Orion VII Citaro reloaded.

8155_08.jpg

8155_19.jpg

Really? Because I have to ride these whenever I'm in Europe:

poland2009693.jpg

poland2009700.jpg

poland2009719.jpg

I, for one, don't believe that Europe is very 'far ahead', as you can see from the above pictures.

Really? Because I have to ride these whenever I'm in Europe:

poland2009693.jpg

poland2009700.jpg

poland2009719.jpg

I, for one, don't believe that Europe is very 'far ahead', as you can see from the above pictures.

It depends on the countries and cities themselves. The trams of some of the Eastern European countries do need replacement, like the Tatra T3s.

It depends on the countries and cities themselves. The trams of some of the Eastern European countries do need replacement, like the Tatra T3s.

Haha, even the Tatra T3s are better than the Polish Konstal 13Ns!

Oh god.. I forgot about those things. Those things are pitiful. But Warsaw has new trams right? From Konstal?

There have been some new trams here and there in Warsaw (mostly from Konstal, of course), but the bulk of the tram fleet there is still the late-1960s Konstal 13N, followed by the Konstal 105N [which is basically the dysfunctional younger brother (from the late 1970s/80s) of the 13N].

I like these trains. I have some Roco models, but they're more suburba style, and single - decked.

I ride these trains every single day to go to college. :P:P

It's a smooth ride.:) Here are some other photos of BR 425 from "Deutsche Bahn".

425_rb_rzw_26sep09.jpgbr-425-314522.jpg

ET-425-2009-10-09-a18899092.jpg

Archived