MTA Thinking Of Sending ARTICS to Queens

Q85Rosedale

I wonder if their planning to make the Q111/113 exclusive artic routes or will it be a mix...and i wonder what BP will have to give up will it push its O7 OG's out or will it retire the Beeline O5's...I must say the O5 are holding up pretty good and man can you get a good load onto the O5's...

Of the 40'fters the O5's does the best at carrying crushloads...

MTA is also going to test NextBus: http://www.nextbus.com/predictor/agencySelector.jsp ... NJT has this, so does other agencies.

Hopefully, it can expand to all areas.

NJT only has NextBus for the Go28. It's not known if they plan on expanding it to the whole system anytime soon.

The closest to the NYC area where NextBus is big is Rutgers University in New Brunswick.

WMATA also has NextBus system-wide.

(T)his is why College Pt needs Artics ,We have the room,We have the <R>esources and we are the largest fleet in addition we house A newly (C)(N)(G) facility so just bring it (A)rtics (A)rtics

There's an elevator in CP? wait, is it a bus elevator or a people elevator lol

 Installing a new elevator at College Point depot ($2 million)

A bus wash is the same thing like a car wash just a little bit bigger anybody with common sense knows that. Im not all that knowledgeable about these things but I am a bus operator from flatbush depot so i do know what a bus washer is.I dont have a price tag on what it is and if you would like to see one come to flatbush depot because you can see it if you stand right in the front where the buses pull in. the hvac thing i was just giving my opinion but some depots in the system need upgrades to their hvac system

Now that you mention it, I have seen these washers before. They are certainly quite expensive- I did a quick google search on the price of a car wash system, and a full one was close to half a million dollars. They must be more expensive for washing huge buses. I still hold that it is a waste of money to build/replace these things at this moment in time. I would much prefer the money go towards maintaining routes, or at least the bus tracking systems, though I am not the biggest fan of that either.

The current bus wash system we have are a waste of money. They only clean the front and sides and totally misses the back of the bus.

The expansion of CNG also stopped because it started running into road blocks. Such as the local residents not wanting huge CNG storage tanks near their homes and schools.

I think Queens will get the hand-me-down New Flyer D60HF buses. All the Novas will go to Gun Hill and 126th Street, pushing the New Flyers out.

How about No, BP will take care of those buses, and its the MTA bus routes that will have them.

How about No, BP will take care of those buses, and its the MTA bus routes that will have them.

All I said was that they'd be getting the New Flyer artics...I never said that they'd be maintained badly by Baisley Park....

With that LGA accident a few years ago, I don't blame them for thinking that way.

But that was years later when the decision was finalized and failed by NIMBYs in Manhattanville Depot conversion.

I wonder if their planning to make the Q111/113 exclusive artic routes or will it be a mix...and i wonder what BP will have to give up will it push its O7 OG's out or will it retire the Beeline O5's...I must say the O5 are holding up pretty good and man can you get a good load onto the O5's...

Of the 40'fters the O5's does the best at carrying crushloads...

As of right now (of course this SHIT will change), the plan is to make the Q113 110% artic. That means that all (or most Q111 buses) will be 40 ft buses. The Q111 is a shorter route and can handle the crowds. That ALSO means that any runs that the Q111 and Q113 interline...will be revised.

Now there are plans for the Q6, Q10 and Q60 to become artic as well but again...these are your "typical" rumors and plans.

Stay tuned!

Can an artic even fit in the 165 St terminal?

Well, I've been told that it CAN happen but I beg to differ on that. My guess (and ONLY a guess) would be to have the Q6 drop off passengers at the Q17 bus stop at the bus terminal and then move up to layover. The first stop would be at the corner of where the Q6, Q8, Q9, Q41 and Q89 come out at that back exit of the bus terminal. Again, just my guess.

As of right now (of course this SHIT will change), the plan is to make the Q113 110% artic. That means that all (or most Q111 buses) will be 40 ft buses. The Q111 is a shorter route and can handle the crowds. That ALSO means that any runs that the Q111 and Q113 interline...will be revised.

Now there are plans for the Q6, Q10 and Q60 to become artic as well but again...these are your "typical" rumors and plans.

Stay tuned!

That's the best thing I've heard (bus-wise) since I found out JAM was getting the NG's.

Jamaica Term, yes, but it cannot run like a typical Nassau Bus, it has to start most likely in drive mode, not reverse mode which is probably a tough manuever depending on the driver skills.

Uhh, NO. Jamaica-165 St is very tight terminal and parking/driving is dangerous going in and out. You cant really park and layover the artic and reverse back due to the space, traffic, and size of the terminal.

This is my point, it is tight and dangerous, especially 'if' for the Artics. I am going to head there tomorrow to observe and do a walk-thru, then I'll conclude on my statement on how JAM - 165 St. shall do with the Artics.

You can't do that unless you are actually driving an artic through the terminal.

Would it make a difference if they were to 'add an island' and allow buses to pull in sort of like how it is at Kings Plaza?

The question is How? They need to knock down that building in order to get more room to fit a long 60 foot artic bus in and all other buses to get a good space... Jamaica-165 needs like White Plains Transit Center size.

A bit O/T, but I think some of the Kings Plaza routes need artics.

You want less service?

This is my point, it is tight and dangerous, especially 'if' for the Artics. I am going to head there tomorrow to observe and do a walk-thru, then I'll conclude on my statement on how JAM - 165 St. shall do with the Artics.

Yeah, your point from previous post ...

Jamaica Term, yes, but it cannot run like a typical Nassau Bus, it has to start most likely in drive mode, not reverse mode which is probably a tough manuever depending on the driver skills.

.. does not match at all.

You dont even know how to operate a artic when you post the two comments.

Umm, I am actually doing a visual and simuation in my brain and some math, geometry and graphing and put up different scenarios while I am doing my walk-thru. It always worked. Also, I'll need to observe Mid-Day bus pattern for about several minutes to get a good accurate perdiction on how the Artics shall run thru the terminal. I am only thinking the best position is the furthur portions of the terminal which is behind that brick building.

Huh? Your grammar is really poor. Do you really need to over think that much in order to get to know the bus terminal?

Archived