Staten Island, Manhattan, and Queens Express Bus Pics

Forest Glen

Today I took the Viking on the X51...what a waste of $5.50. The Vikings are the loudest bus I've ever been on. The noise gave me a headache. The X51 crawled through Midtown traffic. It was sluggish on the LIE. It is faster to take the <7> to Flushing. Only about 4 people got on. This is one of the rare express bus routes that deserves to be eliminated.

I know I'm supposed to be politically correct and take local bus pics, but quite frankly I didn't feel like doing so. My next batch of pics will meet the local bus quota:

X17J via NJ Turnpike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUENOfc4Jo

SN854143.jpg

SN854150.jpg

SN854165.jpg

SN854203.jpg

SN854187.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?

SN854206.jpg

Bonus pic

SN854153.jpg

I'm still wondering where are they gonna send the Vikings when the X51 is done away with. I'd love to see them on the X1 or in Staten Island as a whole.

Anyways, excellent shots!

Today I took the Viking on the X51...what a waste of $5.50. The Vikings are the loudest bus I've ever been on. The noise gave me a headache. The X51 crawled through Midtown traffic. It was sluggish on the LIE. It is faster to take the <7> to Flushing. Only about 4 people got on. This is one of the rare express bus routes that deserves to be eliminated.

SN854187.jpg

Thank you for giving a fair view on the x51. When I read the express bus cut list, I thought that the x29 and x51 ought to be saved. Now I know I was wrong.

Thank you for giving a fair view on the x51. When I read the express bus cut list, I thought that the x29 and x51 ought to be saved. Now I know I was wrong.

I'm the most avid express bus supporter there is and I believe that the X51 should be eliminated. The X29 also deserves the axe. Both are slower than their subway counterparts.

I'm the most avid express bus supporter there is and I believe that the X51 should be eliminated. The X29 also deserves the axe. Both are slower than their subway counterparts.

The x29 should stay but then be eliminated because mornings are rush hour but fridays are good coming home in the after noon because along coneyisland avenue is alot of jewish people and they ride that bus alot and fridays they have to be home early before the sun goes down .

I'm still wondering where are they gonna send the Vikings when the X51 is done away with. I'd love to see them on the X1 or in Staten Island as a whole.

Anyways, excellent shots!

I wished they could 'trade' lines b/w MTA Bus and NYCT so that at least CS can have an express line to run the Vikings on.

-

Nice pics.

Archived