Bloomberg wants to make Union Square a Pedestrian Plaza

NX Express

He just wants to make us more European, with all of these plazas. Does he have a brain? We are AMERICA! A-M-E-R-I-C-A. We don't do things their way, we do it the American way.

The guy doesn't understand that the country was founded because we didn't want to be under British control, now he's making us become just like them.

The guy doesn't understand that the country was founded because we didn't want to be under British control, now he's making us become just like them.

I'll be more than happy to give him a lecture on American history, in case he needs to be reminded. And that we became America because we hated to be taxed unfairly.

Dont you get it? Hes making all of these places pedestrian plazas so that way it creates even more congestion so he can take his scheming j3w ass back to the hill and cry how he needs congestion pricing tolls for the city.

Hes pulling one over on everyone, hes little a little brat, he couldt get his congestion scam going so now hes going to do what his kind of people do when they dont get what they want the first time, create a workarounds, go through a loop hole..etc

I'll be more than happy to give him a lecture on American history, in case he needs to be reminded. And that we became America because we hated to be taxed unfairly.

The guy has nothing but shit for brains. I heard he's Jewish; I wonder what he does during Shabbot, thinking of more ways to ruin our city much? I'm sorry but whoever voted this guy for a THIRD term (a F***ING THIRD TERM) is a moron.

The guy has nothing but shit for brains. I heard he's Jewish; I wonder what he does during Shabbot, thinking of more ways to ruin our city much? I'm sorry but whoever voted this guy for a THIRD term (a F***ING THIRD TERM) is a moron.

He didnt win an election for third term, he bought it once he paid off the people who let him change the law to run for a thrid term. The rest was just a show for the public. Money can buy anything when you are well into the billions.

He didnt win an election for third term, he bought it once he paid off the people who let him change the law to run for a thrid term. The rest was just a show for the public. Money can buy anything when you are well into the billions.

True, can't argue with that.

Hes making all of these places pedestrian plazas so that way it creates even more congestion so he can take his scheming j3w ass back to the hill and cry how he needs congestion pricing tolls for the city.

at least someone else realizes this....

adding bike lanes, and changing two way streets, into one-way streets, and changing the "timing" of successive traffic lights... and so-called "ped. malls"... and the whole "going green" campaign... man, all that adds up to congested roadways throughout the city...

which makes an outcry for "congestion pricing.... CONGESTION PRICING... CONGESTION PRIIIIICING"....

more justified.

Ban cars from Manhattan.

Problems all solved.

No, you still have people from Brooklyn,Queens and LI that needs to get to Jersey. They have to go thru Manhattan to get to Jersey. What should be done is to ban Manhattan drivers from driving around since they have more than enough transit options. But don't punish drivers that needs to bypass Manhattan to get to Jersey.

Blame NIMBYs that prevents any sort of overpass to let such drivers cut thru Manhattan.

But it would be best if he backed it up with a reason like I did. I could've been lazy and posted a 1 word response.

Not everyone has access to mass transit

Union Square is a major thoroughfare

This is Bloomturd's first step in his convoluted scheme to revive congestion pricing

The money wasted on this project could be used for afterschool programs or to keep fire houses open

Not everyone has access to mass transit

Union Square is a major thoroughfare

This is Bloomturd's first step in his convoluted scheme to revive congestion pricing

The money wasted on this project could be used for afterschool programs or to keep fire houses open

...OR, he could have the subway and bus service spared from cuts.

Bloomberg needs to go screw himself with these bloody pedestrian plazas. He ruined Times and Herald Square!

The proposed plan for 34th Street is wild:

*34th Street closed to traffic between Fifth and Sixth Avenues

*West of Sixth Avenue westbound

*East of Fifth Avenue eastbound

*34th Street buses would operate in both directions, in dedicated lanes. They would be separated from pedestrians by concrete barriers (between Fifth and Sixth Avenues).

*Passengers would be able to pay their bus fare before boarding.

Expectations are that this will be completed by the end of 2012.

The 34th Street subway stations may become even more popular.

There was a plan for a Light Rail line across 42nd Street , but that has died. I Actully think that would be better , you can make the Tram / LRV's as long as you want. Look at budapest's new LRV's.

Vision42.png

http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2009/10/14/making-a-42nd-street-tramway-a-reality-for-new-york/

34th-Street-Transitway.png

http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2010/03/04/new-york-plans-transitway-on-34th-street-but-its-not-brt-for-better-or-worse/

They need to do something about the Cross Town Traffic , they'll should have built that I-495 Midtown Expressway.:cool:

There was a plan for a Light Rail line across 42nd Street , but that has died. I Actully think that would be better , you can make the Tram / LRV's as long as you want. Look at budapest's new LRV's.

Vision42.png

http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2009/10/14/making-a-42nd-street-tramway-a-reality-for-new-york/

34th-Street-Transitway.png

http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2010/03/04/new-york-plans-transitway-on-34th-street-but-its-not-brt-for-better-or-worse/

They need to do something about the Cross Town Traffic , they'll should have built that I-495 Midtown Expressway.:cool:

Well, we do look back at crucial highway projects that would have eased today's traffic issues, particularly on crosstown arteries. However don't forget, there was a huge backlash from the residents becaus the Midtown Expressway and the LOMEX would have ripped entire neighbourhoods.

Archived