Bloomberg wants to make Union Square a Pedestrian Plaza

NX Express

Well, we do look back at crucial highway projects that would have eased today's traffic issues, particularly on crosstown arteries. However don't forget, there was a huge backlash from the residents becaus the Midtown Expressway and the LOMEX would have ripped entire neighbourhoods.

Its a shame that the Cross-Bronx was constructed , that destoried a large chunk of the Bronx and divided it. Maybe they can build an Underground Expressway , they did that recently and Tokyo.

Not everyone has access to mass transit

Union Square is a major thoroughfare

This is Bloomturd's first step in his convoluted scheme to revive congestion pricing

The money wasted on this project could be used for afterschool programs or to keep fire houses open

A much better response :tup:

You know if bloomcrap can spend money is a Plaza HOW ABOUT spending the money on HELP funding the (MTA) to help ease this cut. Not like the (MTA) has to do everything to help cure its sicking problems

SMH!

2607010265_b20838794f.jpg?v=0

Its a shame that the Cross-Bronx was constructed , that destoried a large chunk of the Bronx and divided it. Maybe they can build an Underground Expressway , they did that recently and Tokyo.

Don't forget, the Big Dig took a lot of pork money that could have been given to our state, or Massachusetts's public transportation infrastructure. We are talking about BILLIONS. The Central Artery is not that long itself (although, I do admit that they did build a new bridge and established new interchanges and a cross-harbour tunnel), and all those billions went to the thing. If we decided to embark on a similar project, we can kiss goodbye to the SAS.

I agree. Broadway between 23rd St & Union Sq East/14th St needs to stay open for buses.

If they made pedestrian, 23rd St will be become bus chaos like 34th and 57th Sts, too many buses.

I remember on first week when they closed Broadway in midtown, many riders were confused, looking for M6 bus.

I agree. Broadway between 23rd St & Union Sq East/14th St needs to stay open for buses.

If they made pedestrian, 23rd St will be become bus chaos like 34th and 57th Sts, too many buses.

I remember on first week when they closed Broadway in midtown, many riders were confused, looking for M6 bus.

IMO, the Midtown section of Broadway (from Times to Union) needs to be reserved for buses/emergency vehicles. Also, if for whatever reason, an entire strip of Broadway goes ped-only, I don't see any great use in that, TBH.

That's because Robert Moses was a racist bigot (a tidbit:he was Jewish and against his own religion...smh). He wanted to build a Cross-Harlem Expressway so Harlem would be basically divided from the rest of Manhattan. He also wanted the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel to be a bridge which would have destroyed the majority of Battery Park as we know it.

That's because Robert Moses was a racist bigot (a tidbit:he was Jewish and against his own religion...smh). He wanted to build a Cross-Harlem Expressway so Harlem would be basically divided from the rest of Manhattan. He also wanted the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel to be a bridge which would have destroyed the majority of Battery Park as we know it.

And the LoMex which would have basically physically divided Chinatown from Little Italy and most of the Lower East Side.

And the LoMex which would have basically physically divided Chinatown from Little Italy and most of the Lower East Side.

Yup. Just look at the Gowanus. It destroys the view and it is hell noisy underneath. That's what the LoMex would have looked like.

Archived