B.E.R.A. RT Weekend May1,2 Who's going

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

Now that I see all these people driving, I don't know whether to drive from my house to Wilmington and get the train to NY and let someone else give me a ride... then again I can drive all the way up and give a ride to someone else from NY.

You are better off getting your own transportation. This is the internet and everyone here is probably a complete stranger to you, and we are all taught to not get in cars with strangers. I personally know Dan05979, KnightRider, Y2Julio, and DOB2RTO so that is different and hence why some here are talking of meeting up before hand.

To those who I know, probably Wednesday I will get on the horn with all of you one way or another and figure out what each of us is doing...

actually i was thinking of going another time but anyways, if you are qualified as engineer/train operator you can operate it still right? As long as you have the proper training?

Only those who are qualified Branford operators on the RT car may ever operate that car without proper supervision. Like I said that takes a very long time so don't worry about it.

Qualification in any other transit system in the world does not equal Branford qualification, so even if a 30 year TA vet train operator came to Branford, he would still have to be supervised.

Branford's line is not run like NYCT and a lot of things are different from transit even though the equipment is the same...whether it's lay up/put in procedures, the physics of dealing with a trolley pole, or just knowing how to operate the particular line. Qualification somewhere else doesn't mean qualification at Branford.

Only those who are qualified Branford operators on the RT car may ever operate that car without proper supervision. Like I said that takes a very long time so don't worry about it.

Qualification in any other transit system in the world does not equal Branford qualification, so even if a 30 year TA vet train operator came to Branford, he would still have to be supervised.

Branford's line is not run like NYCT and a lot of things are different from transit even though the equipment is the same...whether it's lay up/put in procedures, the physics of dealing with a trolley pole, or just knowing how to operate the particular line. Qualification somewhere else doesn't mean qualification at Branford.

Thanks, I understand, but im confused a bit, what is so different on the R21 if it was an Ex-NYCT car?

Thanks, I understand, but im confused a bit, what is so different on the R21 if it wasn an Ex-NYCT car?

There is no R21 so I don't know what you are talking about there.

All NYCT/IRT/BMT/IND equipment is more or less the same as when it was in NY but the PROCEDURES that must be followed are different than NYCT because BERA is a trolley line, does not have 3rd rail, and has a completely different set of rules than transit.

There is much more to operating a car than just moving handles, not the least of which is the rulebook that governs the line you are operating.

There is no R21 so I don't know what you are talking about there.

All NYCT/IRT/BMT/IND equipment is more or less the same as when it was in NY but the PROCEDURES that must be followed are different than NYCT because BERA is a trolley line, does not have 3rd rail, and has a completely different set of rules than transit.

oops im wrong i mean the R17, sry.

So since there is no 3rd rail, that means all there fleets is Dieseled?

well he said theres no 3rd rail so where is the R17 getting fuel from? Someone pushing it... lol

Subway cars don't get fuel from anywhere. They run on electricity and since we do not have a 3rd rail at the museum, the power comes from an over head line using a trolley pole. It's not a complicated system at all, a little common sense would be good.

Subway cars don't get fuel from anywhere. They run on electricity and since we do not have a 3rd rail at the museum, the power comes from an over head line using a trolley pole. It's not a complicated system at all, a little common sense would be good.

So what about the Redbird(Yellow) thats in work service, they have dieseled pipe on the side..

What? There is no such car at BERA.

As I said before BERA is a trolley line so that is where cars get their power from.

I was talking about in NYCT work service, but nvm.

I got it now from u.

So what about the Redbird(Yellow) thats in work service, they have dieseled pipe on the side..

I believe you're confusing us with the Seashore Trolley Museum which is in Maine since they have their R-22 painted in yellow and even then, they will run the same system we do of running power via trolley poles and wires to the rapid transit equipment.

3892326514_e4b72a950e_o.jpg

Do you see the pole attached to the R-17 and place on the wire overhead? That's how all the Trolleys and Rapid Transit equipment that run at BERA get it's electricity to run from.

1 . WTH is the B.E.R.A. RT? Some sort of club....:)

2. Why would you need a Pickup truck in NYC , unless your in the Mob and need to transport dead bodies to the river:p

(W)ell (N)exis I'm guessing you like my pick up cuz I know your not Questioning my (B)east.

I've had A caddy before ,I've had a denali so now I wanted A beast and I call it (G)oliath :tup:

I'm done with luxury ,Now all I want is (S)hear (B)rute Force

By the way it makes getting supplies much easier from bj's or pathmark lol

I believe you're confusing us with the Seashore Trolley Museum which is in Maine since they have their R-22 painted in yellow and even then, they will run the same system we do of running power via trolley poles and wires to the rapid transit equipment.

3892326514_e4b72a950e_o.jpg

Do you see the pole attached to the R-17 and place on the wire overhead? That's how all the Trolleys and Rapid Transit equipment that run at BERA get it's electricity to run from.

Oh, i thought BERA also had one too.

Well with the money I save from Metro North and the taxi fare I don't see why not :P

I will get alot of breakfasts, so this Bobcat at Branford they are talkin' bout, they might need to bring to the passenger door, so I can roll onto it, and they can drive me to the door of the trolley, and dump me onto it.........

I will get alot of breakfasts, so this Bobcat at Branford they are talkin' bout, they might need to bring to the passenger door, so I can roll onto it, and they can drive me to the door of the trolley, and dump me onto it.........
We should make you climb up using the stirrups haha

Archived