Some Stuff With My New Sony H20

Gee...I wonder how the (K) got resurrected.

(S)(:P(V) was showing D the tricks lol

But hey (D)an I will say this ,Some of them were great ,like (1) train in A few pics you had settings on :tup: lock but some need work but hey I liked em just keep trying on the settings and outside I see your stronger on quality :tup: (K)<R>

Gee...I wonder how the (K) got resurrected.

lol I changed it for the railfans

(S)(:P(V) was showing D the tricks lol

But hey (D)an I will say this ,Some of them were great ,like (1) train in A few pics you had settings on :tup: lock but some need work but hey I liked em just keep trying on the settings and outside I see your stronger on quality :tup: (K)<R>

thanks KR

Nice photos, you are getting better and better, the R142A (6) I like the most.

thanks

Stick to Auto or Aperture priority mode. You don't belong in manual mode at all until you know what you are doing and how aperture and shutter speed work together, which from I see, you don't yet.

I don't like Auto

Nice pics and vids. Make sure your ISO is not too high or low because some pics are excessively grainy while others are blurry. Other than that try keeping it on on Auto for a while and see how your pictures are coming out, and once you are pleased with the results then go back to Manual.

Stick to Auto or Aperture priority mode. You don't belong in manual mode at all until you know what you are doing and how aperture and shutter speed work together, which from I see, you don't yet.

the camera he has doesnt have apetaure or shutter priority mode.it only has manual,which does suck,but there is scene selection mode.which really doesnt help.

@daniel: great pics! try staying still when you take pics.also use the EV helper on the bottom right of the screen.try to balance it and keep it at 0.

I started off with Auto when I got my P&S. No that I know how to use it well, I NEVER use auto again. I use Manual or some other feature.

oh.

You don't even know what you're doing in manual mode, how can you even know better than what Auto chooses for you?

Umm. I'll think about it

Getting better on the variety, but you should stick with posting Auto photos here, keep working and tricking out manuel mode (using different combnation of settings and stuff) until you get several quality shots like the Auto ones. No matter what, auto is great for now, manuel mode, for a later date, play with your lovely cam, :P!

thanks

Nice pics and vids. Make sure your ISO is not too high or low because some pics are excessively grainy while others are blurry. Other than that try keeping it on on Auto for a while and see how your pictures are coming out, and once you are pleased with the results then go back to Manual.

ok Kris and thanks for the tips.

Not bad, but these are not looking good for some. I mean looking at Shanes camera and the rest of some i know that has em they come out with more quality and better shots.

Using an Auto mode isn't gonna help, i'm wondering if your older cams u use Auto for your shots. You gotta use Manual and mess around for BETTER shots, and it's not the camera itself, its you and how you mess with it.

Like if you were to go DSLR, you gotta mess with it, getting a newer cam won't do anything unless you put some effert to play with it WISELY.

Keep improving dude and don't go the easy way...

Of course i stil see CPW/Saint Nich, nothing new on that.

Don't expect anything good then.

I agree. This just goes to show that changing cameras don't make one bit of a difference. These pics look like there were taken with a basic P&S. I seen Cathish(Srry Spelling) pics with that same cam and he knows how to use it. If I were you I wouldnt even think about getting a DSLR.

Photos: some blurry, some under exposed, some overexposed, and that lens is dirty. Clean your lens and do some practicing with the settings and all should be perfect in a while.

Videos: The dirty lens issues rears it's ugly head with those focusing problems. Clean the lens and it should disappear.

I didn't do this to bash. These are just helpful hints

Photos: some blurry, some under exposed, some overexposed, and that lens is dirty. Clean your lens and do some practicing with the settings and all should be perfect in a while.

Videos: The dirty lens issues rears it's ugly head with those focusing problems. Clean the lens and it should disappear.

I didn't do this to bash. These are just helpful hints

A dirty lens and he just got the camera.....all i can do is smh...

You don't even know what you're doing in manual mode, how can you even know better than what Auto chooses for you?

Do you really have to ask? lol

I agree. This just goes to show that changing cameras don't make one bit of a difference. These pics look like there were taken with a basic P&S. I seen Cathish(Srry Spelling) pics with that same cam and he knows how to use it. If I were you I wouldnt even think about getting a DSLR.

He didnt even have to get the same camera anyway, the W220 he had was good, just need to learn that you cant get moving train shots nicely with regular digital cameras and to learn the settings of the cameras so he can try and get some good shots. I dont see the point in changing cameras all the time when you know that you cant get certain shots the way you want with a regular Point & Shoot, just learn the tools of the trade, it took me a day or two to get the H20 settings to the way it fits best to my acception, also got some tips from people like Trevor Logan (Many thanks to him, by the way) and you 553 Bridgeton and used that to advance the results of my images.

the camera he has doesnt have apetaure or shutter priority mode.it only has manual,which does suck,but there is scene selection mode.which really doesnt help.

@daniel: great pics! try staying still when you take pics.also use the EV helper on the bottom right of the screen.try to balance it and keep it at 0.

Manual mode doesnt suck if you know how to use it.

dsc06691m.jpg

dsc06743.jpg

And the train WAS moving in this one. A tiny bit of fuzz but the result is good.

dsc05830.jpg

Archived