Maybe its just me but

WMATAtoNYCTA

Am I the only one that thinks the (C) line is pointless when It serves the exact stations the (A) train does?

Maybe theres a good reason to why the (C) lines exists, the only logical reason I can think of is the portion of the (A) that the (C) covers must be the most congested, or having trains turn back at 168th st and Euclid ave eases the flow at the (A) line's terminals.

I do agree yet don't at the same time.

If you took away the (C), what you could do is have the Far rockaway (A) run local while the Lefferts runs exp.

Far Rockaway (A) going local is overkill, let along it does that late nights. The (C) was already the longest local when it make all stops from Bedford Park Boulevard, bronx, through Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Rockaways to Beach 116 street in the 1980s. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Far Rockaway (A) going local is overkill, let along it does that late nights. The (C) was already the longest local when it make all stops from Bedford Park Boulevard, bronx, through Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Rockaways to Beach 116 street in the 1980s. (correct me if I'm wrong)

(A) needs to make EXp stops cuz you will have pissed off customers

(A) needs to have the (C)

This would bring back the (K) in this discussion

The (K) needs to be utilized with the (A)

(A) needs to make EXp stops cuz you will have pissed off customers

(A) needs to have the (C)

This would bring back the (K) in this discussion

The (K) needs to be utilized with the (A)

The (A) riders don't like to lose their express ride, I agree with you on that. Where would the (K) go?

Probably the same route it used before being discontinued. I don't know if World Trade Center station can handle it.

WTC has the (E), the (K) going there wouldn't be a good idea.

<R>un it along the (A) ,EXP 145 to Lefferts so the (A) can go to Mott ave

So what you are saying is the (K) Express run to Lefferts Boulevard to replace the (A) while the (A) only goes to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue, and the (C) be kept as Local between 168 Street-Euclid Avenue.

WTC has the (E), the (K) going there wouldn't be a good idea.

So what you are saying is the (K) Express run to Lefferts Boulevard to replace the (A) while the (A) only goes to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue, and the (C) be kept as Local between 168 Street-Euclid Avenue.

Yes ,I think the (A)(C)(E) lines get hammered and need help with lefferts and ease the overload on the (A) since it is the only Exp serving that branch .

The (A) train is the longest line in the entire system covering 31 miles from Far Rockaway to 207th st which is already a long ride going express. The (C) is like its partner, once the local stops begin, the (A) hands over its duties to the (C) to take all local stops while the (A) caan continue on. Ride the (A) late night and see what I'm talking about, you can probally do your taxes twice before you get there.

Your thinking in the terms of what you know. WMATA, two tracks everywhere, no concept of the "Express" train. The A is the express, the C is the local.

If the C didn't exist (like late at night, when it doesn't) the A would be serving 58 stations between 207th and the Rockaways. end to end, thats a 2 hour trip on the local.

Not neccesairily.It could run express between chambers and 59th cause thats served by the (E).And between 59th and 145 it would be served by the (:) when its running.

Two words that control the majority of the issue: Rush Hour

It's also an issue of coverage and ridership. Fulton picks up a large area through central Brooklyn on its own, and even with areas with remotely adjacent lines like the (3) and (J)/(Z), the Fulton line runs pretty crowded. Heck, trains originating at Far Rock are standing room only by Rockaway Blvd.

If the (C) was not seen as essential, then it would be gone in June like the (W). The ride into the CBD from Far Rock and Lefferts would be too long to be practical for local only service on Fulton.

It was so essential that express tracks were built into the original system plans back in the 1920s when the tracks weren't even going out as far as the Rockaways.

Hey, if the (C) is pointless, then let's get rid of the <6>, <7>, WPR (5) and the (V) (soon (M)) too.

...Hey, if the (C) is pointless, then let's get rid of the <6>, <7>, WPR (5) and the (V) (soon (M)) too.

For all that, lets throw the (:) in there too. There isn't a single stop in the entire system where the (B) is by itself. From, Brighton Bch to DeKalb, you got the (Q). From Grand St to 59 St, and from 145 St to Bedford Pk Bl, there's the (D). And from 59 St to 145 St, there's the more frequent (C) (although not by that much)

Your thinking in the terms of what you know. WMATA, two tracks everywhere, no concept of the "Express" train. The A is the express, the C is the local.

If the C didn't exist (like late at night, when it doesn't) the A would be serving 58 stations between 207th and the Rockaways. end to end, thats a 2 hour trip on the local.

True.

I mean we kinda have something similar on the red line.

Like during rush hour the red line has two routes: Short trip and reg trip

short trip: Silver Spring to Grosvenor (the most heavily used portion)

reg trip: Glenmont to Shady Grove (Full Length)

So every other train is short trip.

True.

I mean we kinda have something similar on the red line.

Like during rush hour the red line has two routes: Short trip and reg trip

short trip: Silver Spring to Grosvenor (the most heavily used portion)

reg trip: Glenmont to Shady Grove (Full Length)

So every other train is short trip.

The correct NY analogy for that is the (F) train. Sometimes it shorts at Kings Highway and then goes back up to Queens. Or how the (1) turns at 137th to head back south. Or how some (6) trips turn at Parkchester to go back.

But like what Kamen Rider said, those situations are unlike the (A) and the (C). The (A) is ridiculously a long line. If the (C) was not there, the (A) would be FORCED to make every single stop down the line. If it doesn't annoy the passengers, it will annoy the ones who are operating the trains. It's all about logistics.

Archived