Maybe its just me but

WMATAtoNYCTA

The (A) is so long even as an Express that you can get from Philadelphia to NY in the quicker than the Far Rock (A) to 42nd......

Also to mention the (A) by no mean is a quick Express, from Hoyt to 42 it only skips 2 stops that the (C) has to cover...so the (A) is Local in this strech than it is an Express.

The (A) is so long even as an Express that you can get from Philadelphia to NY in the quicker than the Far Rock (A) to 42nd......

Also to mention the (A) by no mean is a quick Express, from Hoyt to 42 it only skips 2 stops that the (C) has to cover...so the (A) is Local in this strech than it is an Express.

The IND placed express and local stations based on popularity then. There was also forces in the local neighbourhoods that would want to push for an express station. Hence, that explains why there are more express stations in Midtown than there are in the UWS or the other districts of the city.

Two words that control the majority of the issue: Rush Hour

It's also an issue of coverage and ridership. Fulton picks up a large area through central Brooklyn on its own, and even with areas with remotely adjacent lines like the (3) and (J)/(Z), the Fulton line runs pretty crowded. Heck, trains originating at Far Rock are standing room only by Rockaway Blvd.

That is so true.

They been trying to kill the (C) Line for the longest by cancelling it on wkends. I think thats the next plan I remember reading that a few months ago Weekend (C) and (5) service may be the next to go but they may have had a change of heart with the (5) they always get tons of complaints when they cancal (5) service compared to the (C) not much complaints

They been trying to kill the (C) Line for the longest by cancelling it on wkends. I think thats the next plan I remember reading that a few months ago Weekend (C) and (5) service may be the next to go but they may have had a change of heart with the (5) they always get tons of complaints when they cancal (5) service compared to the (C) not much complaints

I think (A) riders in Brooklyn need to become more organized and vocal in their opposition of the (C) being cut on weekends. The number of people who switch to the (A) express at Broadway Junction is incredible and shouldn't be ignored. I just hope that "weekend subway diversions" on the (C) won't be like what they're doing (did) to the (G).

I think (A) riders in Brooklyn need to become more organized and vocal in their opposition of the (C) being cut on weekends. The number of people who switch to the (A) express at Broadway Junction is incredible and shouldn't be ignored. I just hope that "weekend subway diversions" on the (C) won't be like what they're doing (did) to the (G).

Thats true! I remember working wkends on the (A)(C) Lines the (A) gets killed with heavy ridership when its all local.

Archived