The "Cut" is being worked on

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At 14st-Union SQ on the(N)(Q)(R)(W)lines, they've started to take off the (W) signs. They replaced with (N)signs on the loc side saying" Stops All Times".

I better hurry and get my photos while I can!!! Oh man I knew this day would come!!!

I heard that the cut will not be not be done in time as planned from friends that are on Work Trains who have been in that G.O. but they are putting new Roadbed down

Well that's what happens when it's not maintained.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

hmm this might be done when the (M) is shuttle to myrtle ave so they have late nights and weekends to work on the cut.

Guest lance25

To those wondering, what will most likely happen is if Crystie St isn't finished by 6/28, the (M2) will continue to run from Metro Av to Chambers weekdays and the (F) will run local in Queens to supplement the (R) as per the service cut, there will be no one at Second Ave.

If the work on the connector is going to take longer than the time the cuts are going to be implemented then why are they going through with the new (M) in the first place?

If the work on the connector is going to take longer than the time the cuts are going to be implemented then why are they going through with the new (M) in the first place?

Because the (MTA) is notorious for being woefully shortsighted in it's approach.

"Hey, let's use that section of track that hasn't been used in over 40 years, but wait until the very last minute to fix it. Oh, and cut the overtime for all employees. OH NOES, THIS PROJECT IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED!"

Because the (MTA) is notorious for being woefully shortsighted in it's approach.

"Hey, let's use that section of track that hasn't been used in over 40 years, but wait until the very last minute to fix it. Oh, and cut the overtime for all employees. OH NOES, THIS PROJECT IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED!"

Right on the money!!!

And if this new (M) fails (which it will), then working on the cut is an entire waste of money.

Archived