The "Cut" is being worked on

Guest lance25
Also, is what you heard that the work was done because there was some clearance problems with the 160's, and that they might start with split service? (Met-Essex; 2nd Av-CTL) That's what I heard today.

Not surprising about the clearance issues. When the (K) stopped running in '76, the 46s were still being delivered. What does surprise me however is the (MTA) terminating the (M) at Del-Essex. Wouldn't it be easier to send the line down to Chambers instead of tying up the line at Essex?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's irrelevant...the (V) is justified to be full-length. ALL subway lines should be full-length, especially the (C) and (G) lines. The reason why they aren't is due to a car shortage.

I have to disagree slightly about that. The (V) was never packed to the brim like the (E)(F)(R) trains. So technically the (M) is ok on Queens Blvd as then all 8cars will be filled and the R46s would be put to better use on the (A). However, what they really should've done is make the (G) 6-car trains again [Pitkin sending back the AA pairs] than to send all the displaced R46s to the (A) to retire the R44s.

No it's not. This is just a setback. They have to do work on that connector to make it compatible with the R160s [not to mention to be used daily than like once a week or something]. So at least (M2) riders still can head to at least Chambers and (V) to 2nd Av for a little longer. Either way the (M2) was going to be cut to Chambers.

Not surprising about the clearance issues. When the (K) stopped running in '76, the 46s were still being delivered. What does surprise me however is the (MTA) terminating the (M) at Del-Essex. Wouldn't it be easier to send the line down to Chambers instead of tying up the line at Essex?

Nothing is official on if it will or won't be ready by 6/27.

I have to disagree slightly about that. The (V) was never packed to the brim like the (E)(F)(R) trains. So technically the (M) is ok on Queens Blvd as then all 8cars will be filled and the R46s would be put to better use on the (A). However, what they really should've done is make the (G) 6-car trains again [Pitkin sending back the AA pairs] than to send all the displaced R46s to the (A) to retire the R44s.

You're forcing me to make this statement for the umteenth time:

There are not enough 2 car pieces of R46's to make 6 car service on the G! I can't speak of what was done in the past when the line ran between CTL and Smith/9th, but today and the pick that starts 6/27 the G needs 13 trains for full service and there are 13 2 car pieces. You need spares.

AND: the leads at Church Ave. hold 4 cars, perfect for the G. The G will remain at 4 cars. A few intervals in the AM rush are crowded. Passengers tend not to spread out throughout the entire train. The north motor is the most crowded for the L transfer at Met/Lormier. NYCT has a budget shortfall. They are cutting service. Ridership is down. They are not making the G 6 or 8 cars. They are not making the C 10 cars.

I don't understand why the folks on this board can't understand that basic concept!

Stop dreaming guys! Face reality.

They are not making the G 6 or 8 cars. They are not making the C 10 cars.

I don't understand why the folks on this board can't understand that basic concept!

So what you're saying, correct me if I'm wrong, is that:

1.) The (C) is going to be 10 cars by tomorrow (monday)

and

2.) The G will be 6 or 8 cars by the start of next week (also monday)

is that right?

You're forcing me to make this statement for the umteenth time:

There are not enough 2 car pieces of R46's to make 6 car service on the G! I can't speak of what was done in the past when the line ran between CTL and Smith/9th, but today and the pick that starts 6/27 the G needs 13 trains for full service and there are 13 2 car pieces. You need spares.

AND: the leads at Church Ave. hold 4 cars, perfect for the G. The G will remain at 4 cars. A few intervals in the AM rush are crowded. Passengers tend not to spread out throughout the entire train. The north motor is the most crowded for the L transfer at Met/Lormier. NYCT has a budget shortfall. They are cutting service. Ridership is down. They are not making the G 6 or 8 cars. They are not making the C 10 cars.

Well I still think it should run longer trains.

But as for the point about Church Av, i didn't know about that and that puts things into perspective now.

So what you're saying, correct me if I'm wrong, is that:

1.) The (C) is going to be 10 cars by tomorrow (monday)

and

2.) The G will be 6 or 8 cars by the start of next week (also monday)

is that right?

;) LOL I like that.

That's what I think, but this is what I heard. Of course, it is probably wrong. I would prefer Essex, because it eliminates the relay at Chambers, but then that would be really inconvenient for the already displaced riders. They would not have to go downstairs and cross over to continue on the (J), or wait outside at Marcy instead. And they would lose all other connections besides just the (F). So I don't think they;ll really do that.

You don't have to think that because it's a fact which has been stated here numerous times.
I think he meant the half of the (M) from Continental to 2nd Av. (basically, the (V).

I've been wondering about this as well. And whether they will call that half the (V) or (M). If they use Jamaica equipment, but cut the (M2) back from Bay Pkwy, then you will have a lot of extra cars in ENY. Also, for the (V) crews to be operating full length tains, but all of a sudden when the cut opens, go to 8 cars, and on the same jobs. Some might be more likely to get used to operating 10. Of course, this could happen on the (C) as well, and it would be more problematic there.

On the other hand, if they send 8 car 160's to the other half, they would likely have to be temporarily assigned to Jamaica, since it would be difficult for them to get back to ENY. But this would not really be that much of a problem.

This is like a Fu&(king soap Oprea, Jesus christ, When Are people going to realize that LIKE IT OR NOT they are going to do the Fu*&*&king Service cuts.

Everybody Knows the MTA, They are full of shit and want all the money for themselves.

1. we got a blind governer that looks like a moose

2. We got a Mayor that looks like donald Duck

3. We got a MTA CEO that has a Dick shaped head

Don't All of you Get It that NEW YORK is being run by Animals as well as the MTA, If you do, Stop Complaning and Get a FU&*king car, simple or get out of New York.

Archived