those ex-WMATA buses

WannaBeMTA12

me personally.....just got off the Q6 LTD #5893 and personally i was disgusted....sticky floor from left over soda that the nasty public likes to leave behind, garbage everywhere and on of the seats was on the floor, they rest were cut up.

i mean i cant blame the mta, but can they change the seats or mop that floor? the driver was very polite and actually responded to my ''good morning'' which is rare for any depot.

also the wood decor could use a new 2010 look lol.

i think its time for retirement for the ex-wmata buses.

I agree, MTA should have started reseating and bleach the entire interior of the ex-WAMTA reject buses when they recieve the repaint at that time. There are some buses recieve a reseat. These buses are probably on their last legs and should have treated more better.

i mean i cant blame the mta, but can they change the seats or mop that floor? the driver was very polite and actually responded to my ''good morning'' which is rare for any depot.

That's strange. When I ride the drivers usually respond to my "hello"s.

I agree, MTA should have started reseating and bleach the entire interior of the ex-WAMTA reject buses when they recieve the repaint at that time. There are some buses recieve a reseat. These buses are probably on their last legs and should have treated more better.

But those are single door buses, they should be running on express routes.

^^^ His numbers got mixed up... 5893 does not exist on any current roster. If you READ the OP carefully he describes the ex-WAMTA buses condition... not ex-NYBS.... Plus the single door Orion Vs are not in JFK.

I personally think that the Rejects should get a make over I mean COME ON!!!! those buses are practically hopping around on one foot, don't get me wrong I love those buses and the MTA need to see that replacing the tail lights and signals doesnt really change the s***ty condition of the buses. :P

me personally.....just got off the Q6 LTD #5893 and personally i was disgusted....sticky floor from left over soda that the nasty public likes to leave behind, garbage everywhere and on of the seats was on the floor, they rest were cut up.

also the wood decor could use a new 2010 look lol.

i think its time for retirement for the ex-wmata buses.

Those WMATA Orion Vs interiors were not made for NYC especially since certain group of people abuse the seats in some of the JFK routes.

Those WMATA Orion Vs interiors were not made for NYC especially since certain group of people abuse the seats in some of the JFK routes.

Not to mention that narrow rear door. Some people with extra weight on them will have a hard time getting off the bus through the back.

It's my prayer that the Artics to JFK will push out the 5900's to scrap.....when i catch the Q6 i hate the 5900's so much that i will let a trip pass me and wait for the next one...

I've been lucky that its never been 2 5900's on the Q6 in a row...I've seen 4 O7 OG's in a row on the Q6 of course that because the OG's make up the majority of JFK's fleet.

I kinda wished the opposite. I'm getting sick of seeing just the O7s on the Far Rock lines, namely the Q35. I would love it if the O5s were running there again. I was also wishing those ex-BeeLines were headed to Far Rockaway.

Do a trade with BP and FR, send those Hybirds to BP and those Suck ass ex-beeline Orion V's to FR, I like the OG's more than the ex beeline Orion V's, BP is doing good work on them.

I think LGA's Beelines are still in pretty good shape...But the BP's are getting murdered on the Q111/Q113 because they were not intended to deal with the crushloads...Really neither are the OG's

Artics, the O5's of the city, and Rts's do the best jobs of handling round the clock Crushloads....What makes the OG and NG's bad is PEOPLE WILL NOT MOVE TO THE BACK....and IT PISSES ME OFF!

Out of the original 50 ex-WMATA buses, only 33 still remain. If JFK gets the artics then it's probable that these buses would be retired. Seeing that these are some of the oldest buses in the system, and in the poorest shape, then these buses would probably be finished off by the Designline order.

Archived