Dead...

Fresh Pond

A few moments ago, I was on the 23:10 B26 heading home from work (run #41) thinking it would be a normal 10 minute ride. But it wasn't. Also on the bus was a couple with a shopping cart. They got on and put the cart by the back door (it was a OG #6499). At Wyckoff & Jefferson Av, the bus made a sound it usually makes when the back door opens but the bus was still moving. The brakes came on hard and it just sat there. The B/O kept restarting the bus and it never moved. The doors never opened when the handle was moved to the open position. Then the she tried to restart it, then whole bus just died, and never came back on. 20 minutes later and it was still dead but the next bus behind us came and "rescued" is. Can anybody explain what actually happened to 6499?

A few moments ago, I was on the 23:10 B26 heading home from work (run #41) thinking it would be a normal 10 minute ride. But it wasn't. Also on the bus was a couple with a shopping cart. They got on and put the cart by the back door (it was a OG #6499). At Wyckoff & Jefferson Av, the bus made a sound it usually makes when the back door opens but the bus was still moving. The brakes came on hard and it just sat there. The B/O kept restarting the bus and it never moved. The doors never opened when the handle was moved to the open position. Then the she tried to restart it, then whole bus just died, and never came back on. 20 minutes later and it was still dead but the next bus behind us came and "rescued" is. Can anybody explain what actually happened to 6499?

try going home and the wheelchair lift jams....''everyone off'' :mad:

Happened to me with an Orion V 600series. Took a road truck to get it started. The engines have an air starter, and what happened to me was, there was a pocket of air formed and trapped in the air hose, blocking the air flow, so the bus died, and wouldn't start back up. The road repair person had to "bleed" the air line, to get that air pocket out (basically pumped air into the line, to push the air pocket out)...........

That is possibly why there was that air interlock engaging, and disengaging noise, as air wasn't flowing through the pipes correctly..........

Archived