Port Authority chief: Tear down Queens' LaGuardia Airport

Harry

I know, but if they want to close LGA, I'd rather them close Stewart Airport.

...and forget about MacArthur for now, the Port Authority doesn't own it, :o..

On a side note IIRC PANYNJ dont own any of the airports they just are the legal operators as EWR is owned by the city of Newark and LGA and JFK are owned by the city of New York.

You may also warrant better land access (both by road and rail) to those airports, if they have to relieve pressure. It also gives them recognition. Like right now, many people would probably be like "where the hell is Stewart or Macarthur?"

This plan would only work if they had better transit access but you know they would find a way to screw it up so it wouldnt work

But the thing is New York Airports suck literally, and it has some of the worst on-time ratings. So keeping LGA here is at least better than directing everyone to go to JFK and EWR, actually LGA can be pretty busy, I was once on a flight that waited in the take-off queue like 1 and a half hour. And flights were literally taking off like every 2-3 minutes, so we were way behind, I can imagine what is like for JFK and EWR passengers. LGA is the third major airport, I would rather see Stewart or MacArthur Airport closed than LGA getting closed.

Close down Stewart Airport? Are you nuts? Not only does it provide passenger service to a major community area but it also houses the 105th Airlift Wing and 213th EIS of the New York Air National Guard.

I did not say close down Stewart Airport, I said I would rather see Stewart Airport closed down than LaGuardia because Stewart is not as flexible as LaGuardia. But, I actually don't want any Airport shut down around NYC, the tourism HQ I think of the world...

you mention three times that you state to closed down Stewart Airport.

I know, but if they want to close LGA, I'd rather them close Stewart Airport.

I did not say close down Stewart Airport, I said I would rather see Stewart Airport closed down than LaGuardia because Stewart is not as flexible as LaGuardia. But, I actually don't want any Airport shut down around NYC, the tourism HQ I think of the world...

If you READ the article, they aren't talking about closing anything down. They are talking about tearing down LGA and rebuilding it.

Well, I am saying that I would rather close than Stewart instead of LaGuardia, for the best result don't close ANY airports in and around the TriState Region...

And this response is uncalled for and not needed.

How is it uncalled? By your lack luster standards?

You mention Stewart Airport closed down couple of times. Your point makes no sense at all. Stewart can expand more then LGA due to size and geographic nature that caters northern suburbs. Plus open more space to land the plane means more money for the state and less crowded in three major airports in the area.

I said I would rather see Stewart Airport sold or closed down than LaGuardia closed down, I read an article which I can't find for the last 7 hours about Stewart Airports unableness to expand due to Township or County reasons, as well as it cannot expand due to farmlands in the vincinity. Although it would be great to see Stewart Airport go as big as EWR and JFK, but transportation is an issue and we are currently way-off-topic. So lets just say leave the Airport the way it is now, until the future, we can decide weather or not the PA has enough money.

Again, with the closing Stewart Airport. You make some of the wrong claims against Stewart. You are already off topic when it is mention Stewart Airport.

Seriously, you really can't read the forum post at all.

I am reading stuff, if you can understand my posts then it is great and we won't have flame wars, thank you and this is still kinda personal attacks, so reported...

You read and you failed at the same time without merit if you understand the post from the people in this forum that dispute your claim. How many times that this have gone through on this topic? You either need to change your behavior and dont bother post at all. This is not a flame war, if you look at the time stamp and forum posts, clearly theirs no ***** fight as you thought.

Archived