New York artist Jason Shelowitz launches 'Subway Etiquette' poster campaign

Harry

If you see something, don't just say something -- do something. And make it snarky.

Fed up with irritating subway behavior, New Yorkers have started taking matters into their own hands. Manhattan graphic designer Jason Shelowitz, also known as JayShells, began his "Subway Etiquette" poster campaign last week.

The 30-year-old asked 100 people for their biggest nonservice-related subway gripes, choosing the 10 most common issues. He then designed 366 humorous MTA-style posters reminding passengers about inappropriate subway behavior and has posted the silkscreened posters at various subway stations.

Those lucky enough to see one should take it, with Shelowitz's blessing -- the MTA has been taking down the posters.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/04/26/2010-04-26_new_york_artist_jason_shelowitz_launches_subway_etiquette_poster_campaign.html#ixzz0mS6Q7euH

post-1-13328858175_thumb.jpg

post-1-13328858175_thumb.jpg

If you see something, don't just say something -- do something. And make it snarky.

Fed up with irritating subway behavior, New Yorkers have started taking matters into their own hands. Manhattan graphic designer Jason Shelowitz, also known as JayShells, began his "Subway Etiquette" poster campaign last week.

The 30-year-old asked 100 people for their biggest nonservice-related subway gripes, choosing the 10 most common issues. He then designed 366 humorous MTA-style posters reminding passengers about inappropriate subway behavior and has posted the silkscreened posters at various subway stations.

Those lucky enough to see one should take it, with Shelowitz's blessing -- the MTA has been taking down the posters.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/04/26/2010-04-26_new_york_artist_jason_shelowitz_launches_subway_etiquette_poster_campaign.html#ixzz0mS6Q7euH

I'm gonna see if I can find one:p

Most of NYC under there, should be non-G rated lol

I'm gonna see if I can find one:p

if u mean the sign, i saw a few days ago at 4thh avenue /9th station, going down to the Manhattan bound staircase to the (M2)(N)(R) from the Stillwell bound (F)(G), theres a gate for employees with the sign

Some thing is wrong on the Daily News article. . .

rj06s7.jpg

The picture of that background is obviously not the type of a typical New York City Subway car.

uhh, yeah...subway car...we'll go with that lmao :P

as far as the posters, i'll see if they're still at the place i saw them at

Archived