Busiest Lines

Robert Bosco

In general, what is/are the busiest line(s) in the system? I'd love to see stats if you can find them. My guess, (4) and (6) are the busiest.

IRT - (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7) - All of them are crowded. Only one IRT line is not at capacity, can anyone tell me which one it is? I think it's the 3.

BMT - (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z) - Out of those, I haven't really ridden any of them save for the (J)(N)(R) and (W), but the (L) is very crowded, and the (J) can get pretty crowded too around Broadway Junction. The (N) and (R) are pretty crowded too, considering they both run on Broadway and one runs on Queens Boulevard.

IND - (A)(;)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(V) - Out of those, I only regularly ride the (E), but I think the (A) and (E) are some of the most crowded. The (V) is the exact opposite because not many people on Queens Boulevard realize its potential.

Fact is the Lexington Ave lines are the busiest of all divisions. The 1 train runs like diarrhea, more so than the 2 or the 3. All I know is the Lexington lines are the workhorse of the entire system, and the M15 is the busiest bus route in North America (possibly the Americas). Rush hour, an M15 every 90 seconds.

Archived