The Axe Has Fallen on 500 S/A (Layoff Notices)

rtype3995

well i just got a call and they are going to have a rally tomorrow. i dont know what the outcome will be, i may go since i am off. but i dont think i will stay down there all day.

The rallys are a joke, the only way is a strike...

a strike wouldnt be the right tactic anyway. at least in a contract negotiation you can keep striking until management comes to the table in good faith. but with layoffs, management would never cave in because since everyone else is laying off workers, they feel that they have the upper hand. you wouldn't get anything out of it

I just got an E-mail about the rally and Jesse Jackson SUPPOSED to be there...:confused: This is becoming a circus.If TWU's gonna rally(waste of time)take it to P.S.248 and invite some of the local news media.This is BIG and it's getting NO media attention what so ever.Let the people see what TA is doing to their employees...

I just got an E-mail about the rally and Jesse Jackson SUPPOSED to be there...:confused: This is becoming a circus.If TWU's gonna rally(waste of time)take it to P.S.248 and invite some of the local news media.This is BIG and it's getting NO media attention what so ever.Let the people see what TA is doing to their employees...

My union (Metro North TCU) will be participating in the rally. There have been posters up since last week at work.

Having Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton at TWU events is a HORRIBLE mistake that the union keeps on repeating. These guys are jokes that do nothing except stir up racial tension because they are 2 of the biggest racists in the world!!

Having Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton at TWU events is a HORRIBLE mistake that the union keeps on repeating. These guys are jokes that do nothing except stir up racial tension because they are 2 of the biggest racists in the world!!
Yeh...I don't know what they were thinking.:confused:

Once again we have a idiotic private message sent to me by PhrasierCrane AKA NaughtyGal

Yesterday, 09:48 PM

PhrasierCrane

Transit System(s):

Subway Car(s):

Bus Model(s):

Commuter Rail(s):

Commuter Rail Car(s):

Locomotive(s):

Statistics

Gallery: 0

Referrals: 0

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

How stupid and moronic do have to be to send a message like this??? Harry please block her account and ip address from this site. She never has anything positive to say on these boards and always looks to try and make people feel bad for whatever reasons. I could easily say something petty like I wish she loses her job even if she does have one with the TA in the future. But then I would be on her level and I wouldn't ever want anyone to lose their job and livelihood even if they were an enemy.

Once again we have a idiotic private message sent to me by PhrasierCrane AKA NaughtyGal

Yesterday, 09:48 PM

PhrasierCrane

Transit System(s):

Subway Car(s):

Bus Model(s):

Commuter Rail(s):

Commuter Rail Car(s):

Locomotive(s):

Statistics

Gallery: 0

Referrals: 0

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY

GOODBYE!

How stupid and moronic do have to be to send a message like this??? Harry please block her account and ip address from this site. She never has anything positive to say on these boards and always looks to try and make people feel bad for whatever reasons. I could easily say something petty like I wish she loses her job even if she does have one with the TA in the future. But then I would be on her level and I wouldn't ever want anyone to lose their job and livelihood even if they were an enemy.

It's called "Severe B*tch Syndrome". Typically incurable.

Yeah it's bad I got my letter yesterday afternoon. It didn't come as a surprise. I was upset about it, but not as upset as I thought I would be. They have a bunch of crap with the lay off notice about how they are sorry and they know how difficult losing your job can be yeah right!!. Also they will have people from the NYS DOL there to help you set up your unemployment insurance and job assistance. It also says something about someone will be there to answer all your questions about your final paycheck. They have better be paying me for my 2 weeks of vacation time I have left as well as AVA's, PLD and sick time. It also talks about reinstatement which is a crock because since they will never hire anyone from outside for the position , being reinstated is a joke. Because no matter what Me and anyone else they call back will still be at the bottom of the barrel . So when that bald headed prick decides to make more cuts I will be the first to go once again. Well I guess it's time for me to live off the government and state for a while, 99 weeks of unemployment checks is not too bad. And I wish good luck to any other twu members that are in the TA's cross hairs. And the union what a joke they did absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening and whenever I called them they had no information on what was going on. I paid my dues for 4 and a half years and got nothing back in return for it but a pink slip and a boot in the ass.

That really does suck. They should not lay off all these people, instead, they should STOP the construction on this asinine 2nd Av. Subway (I mean look at it, since NINETEEN TWENTY FIVE they have been building this thing and it's NOWHERE near completion. They can hold out for a few more years) , halt the building of the Fulton Street transit center, temporarily stop the Culver Viaduct reconstruction, and halt progress on the (7) Extension, allocate all that money to the necessary works, and allocate the rest to keep the people in their jobs. But it's too late. The damage is done.

As of 12am the union has filed and injunction against the MTA. So for the time being I and 499 of my brothers and sisters have a job for the time being. Maybe they will be able to hold them up in court long enough for me to make my fifth year so I can be vested into my pension and they won't be able to lay me off.

As of 12am the union has filed and injunction against the MTA. So for the time being I and 499 of my brothers and sisters have a job for the time being. Maybe they will be able to hold them up in court long enough for me to make my fifth year so I can be vested into my pension and they won't be able to lay me off.

Good luck. Hope it works out.

Mr.Walder...Welcome to New York!

Smart move by the Union playing possum, i think this took the MTA totally by surprise....

They are so used to the Union talking the talk and not walking the walk....

Smart move by the Union playing possum, i think this took the MTA totally by surprise....

They are so used to the Union talking the talk and not walking the walk....

lol...I was thinking the same thing.

Archived