Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Gulf coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez.

St Louis Car 09

As you all heard about the Oil rig that sanked and is spilling thousands of gallons of oil into the gulf coast a day and they are saying that it could be even worse than the Exxon-Valdez spill of 1988.What you guys think will be the outcome of it all and how it might affect future drilling and gas prices? Also what you think will be the outcome of animal life in the area?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100430/ap_on_bi_ge/us_louisiana_oil_rig_explosion_292

As you all heard about the Oil rig that sanked and is spilling thousands of gallons of oil into the gulf coast a day and they are saying that it could be even worse than the Exxon-Valdez spill of 1988.What you guys think will be the outcome of it all and how it might affect future drilling and gas prices? Also what you think will be the outcome of animal life in the area?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100430/ap_on_bi_ge/us_louisiana_oil_rig_explosion_292

Sorry to nitpick St Louis but the Exxon-Valdez spill occurred in early 1989 not 1988.:confused:

Here link.

And up here in ski country of upstate NY, gas prices has already risen 10-15 cents a gallon from about $1.79 regular about 3 weeks ago to around $3.00 plus regular now.

Sorry to nitpick St Louis but the Exxon-Valdez spill occurred in early 1989 not 1988.:confused:

Here link.

And up here in ski country of upstate NY, gas prices has already risen 10-15 cents a gallon from about $1.79 regular about 3 weeks ago to around $3.00 plus regular now.

Thanks for the correction.:tup:

Thanks for the correction.:tup:

no problem i was just in 10th grade of high school when it happened and i had to due reports about it so this is still fresh to me 20-plus years later.

and i need to correct myself. I meant to type gas prices here were until recent $2.79 instead of $1.79.

no problem i was just in 10th grade of high school when it happened and i had to due reports about it so this is still fresh to me 20-plus years later.

and i need to correct myself. I meant to type gas prices here were until recent $2.79 instead of $1.79.

I should have caught on to those gas prices LOL.

Archived