Question

+Young+

Hi~

I am currently a junior (undergrad) at Molloy College (Rockville Centre, NY). I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with either a degree in Mathematics.

Even though I am going for mathematics, my heart is with the MTA, especially since my father was a Car Inspector at 207th Street Shop/Yard for 39 years.

My question is: I plan on going for a masters degree in Math or Business/Transportation Administration when I am done with my undergrad program. Since I am still young (21) and the economy isn't that great (including the MTA is laying off people), does anybody recommend what else I should get a masters degree in so I can get hired down the road by the MTA (like maybe 3-5 years)?

I was thinking Transportation and/or Business Management. I am definately thinking of getting more than one masters degree. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi~

I am currently a junior (undergrad) at Molloy College (Rockville Centre, NY). I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with either a degree in Mathematics.

Even though I am going for mathematics, my heart is with the MTA, especially since my father was a Car Inspector at 207th Street Shop/Yard for 39 years.

My question is: I plan on going for a masters degree in Math or Business/Transportation Administration when I am done with my undergrad program. Since I am still young (21) and the economy isn't that great (including the MTA is laying off people), does anybody recommend what else I should get a masters degree in so I can get hired down the road by the MTA (like maybe 3-5 years)?

I was thinking Transportation and/or Business Management. I am definately thinking of getting more than one masters degree. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Do you honestly think your father worked in the filth and craphole that the MTA is so you get a degree and come back to the MTA? Go for something a lot better. Why sell yourself short on the MTA?

Do you honestly think your father worked in the filth and craphole that the MTA is so you get a degree and come back to the MTA? Go for something a lot better. Why sell yourself short on the MTA?

Same reason you work there!. If this person's dream is to work for the MTA, who are you to s@#t all over that dream?

Same reason you work there!. If this person's dream is to work for the MTA, who are you to s@#t all over that dream?

Who is crapping on his dreams like life has crapped on you? He sounds like a smart person, and shouldn't sell himself short the way you have. He looks like he can do even better in life than he thinks he can. Wait you didn't sell yourself short, you are where you deserve to be. At the bottom. For someone that claimed he wasn't going to respond to me and was such an adult, you sure seem to be responding to me alot and acting like a child.

Why don't you mind your F'n business and let the kid do what he wants to do you degenerate. And Willybx This moron does not work for the mta, he/sh'es a shitbag sitting in their apt collecting welfare every week or month however it works trying to be a superhero on here.

Why don't you mind your F'n business and let the kid do what he wants to do you degenerate. And Willybx This moron does not work for the mta, he/sh'es a shitbag sitting in their apt collecting welfare every week or month however it works trying to be a superhero on here.

First of all my father did not work in the filth and cr****le:mad:. I went up to where he worked a couple of times and it wasn't overall filthy at all (especially where he worked). I could tell why he enjoyed working there for 39 years. Thank you for your quote above Dan05979, I appreciate it a lot;).

As far as getting the law degree, my strongest area is math. By the way, Donald, why did you say a law degree? (Just curious)

If you want to work for the MTA in a management position, engineering, construction management, planning, finance, etc. then go for it kid. Ain't nothing wrong with that. :tup:

That's what I am aiming for in the long run. I know it may be tough at first, however I hope that's where I'll wind up one day. Harry, you just made my day better. I really appreciate the comment!!

That's what I am aiming for in the long run. I know it may be tough at first, however I hope that's where I'll wind up one day. Harry, you just made my day better. I really appreciate the comment!!

I really mean it too. Go for it. You're putting in the time and effort in school to become a professional. I wish you all the luck. I always wanted to work in planning or engineering for transit but it didn't work out that way. :P

Archived