Construction Project Aprox $8.59 million

Friendlyparrots

So They have these big signes up for a $8.59 million project to rebuild train station on New utrecht Avenue in Brooklyn. Dose anyone know the plan? Do you know what they plan to work on? and how many stations we are talking about? And are we expecting anything better?

I wish I can post a picture of the sign here but I can't post pics directly on here. I need to do it thru a diferent site.

All of D, M line stations from 9 Avenue to Bay 50 Street will be rehab with all kinds of improvements to make more attractive. Basically a makeover that is done similar to the Bronx IRT elevated lines; J, M, Z, L lines in most elevated stations in Brooklyn and Queens.

BTW, Bay Parkway will be getting elevators.

Its listed in MTA Captial Improvements, funded by T.I.G.E.R. by the government.

The entire West End Line will be rehabilitated. This would be done in two phases: Bay 50th to 62nd Street, and 62nd Street to 9th Avenue. They will be doing new canopy work, the tactile strip thing and also fix up the el structure (painting). The last time I went to Bay Parkway (exactly last month), there was a sign indicating something of the sort. However, not much work is being done YET. Once the Brighton Line project clears up (which would be fall 2011), then they will probably begin on the West End.

So They have these big signes up for a $8.59 million project to rebuild train station on New utrecht Avenue in Brooklyn. Dose anyone know the plan? Do you know what they plan to work on? and how many stations we are talking about? And are we expecting anything better?

I wish I can post a picture of the sign here but I can't post pics directly on here. I need to do it thru a diferent site.

8.59 million? Are they rebuilding the whole station? Because if so, that $30 million spent on Av U was a rip-off.!!:mad:

8.59 million? Are they rebuilding the whole station? Because if so, that $30 million spent on Av U was a rip-off.!!:mad:

That's a different circumstance. You also have to account for some of the money that is dedicated towards the shuttle bus service. New platforms had to be installed, not just canopies and such. Bay Parkway will not get new platforms per se, the el structure will just get a new coat of paint and there will be some aesthetic makeover of the station.

The figures are off. Look at the MTA pdfs or Google search that pertain the West End line rehab which it is higher than $8.59 million

Ave U's rebuilt was from the ground up. This is a new roof, tactile strip and a paint job. there's a diffrence.

That's a different circumstance. You also have to account for some of the money that is dedicated towards the shuttle bus service. New platforms had to be installed, not just canopies and such. Bay Parkway will not get new platforms per se, the el structure will just get a new coat of paint and there will be some aesthetic makeover of the station.

Okay, thanks!

Right now they are doing road blocks in the vicinity of the 50th Street station. They are removing what ever is left from the cement around the beams plus diging under and around it and plan to re enforce all the beams holding up the elvated tracks. I wonder if this is part of the project.

Did any of you ever see the Ft hamilton Station platforms on the (D) line? I'm supriesd the building the department didnt shut it down :P The 9th Avenue station dosn't look much beter and they are doing some work there as well.

Did any of you ever see the Ft hamilton Station platforms on the (D) line? I'm supriesd the building the department didnt shut it down :P The 9th Avenue station dosn't look much beter and they are doing some work there as well.

Fort Hamilton needs all the help that it can get. I hope the reinforcements around 50th St will help muffle the rumbling the (D) and (M2) make when they head from one place to the next...

Right now they are doing road blocks in the vicinity of the 50th Street station. They are removing what ever is left from the cement around the beams plus diging under and around it and plan to re enforce all the beams holding up the elvated tracks. I wonder if this is part of the project.

Did any of you ever see the Ft hamilton Station platforms on the (D) line? I'm supriesd the building the department didnt shut it down :) The 9th Avenue station dosn't look much beter and they are doing some work there as well.

There's work done at 9th Ave? Seriously, that place needs a fix.

Did any of you ever see the Ft hamilton Station platforms on the (D) line? I'm supriesd the building the department didnt shut it down :) The 9th Avenue station dosn't look much beter and they are doing some work there as well.

9th Ave. is in terrible shape. For such a great station I think it's ridiculous what poor condition it's in. It'll look amazing once it's fixed up.

Fort Hamilton needs all the help that it can get. I hope the reinforcements around 50th St will help muffle the rumbling the (D) and (M2) make when they head from one place to the next...

There's work done at 9th Ave? Seriously, that place needs a fix.

They are working on the yard leads to the 38th St. Yard, I think. There's pictures on their Twitter showing progress too, but I don't think they've started working on the actual station yet.

9th Ave. is in terrible shape. For such a great station I think it's ridiculous what poor condition it's in. It'll look amazing once it's fixed up.

They are working on the yard leads to the 38th St. Yard, I think. There's pictures on their Twitter showing progress too, but I don't think they've started working on the actual station yet.

I don't recall that there's actually work being done in the station proper. The yard leads are simpler to go about. 9th Avenue would probably involve invasive work. Btw, do you think they are going to work on one platform at a time like Parkchester?

They probably would. They do the same thing on the Brighton Line. I would assume that they just closed the whole stations on the Pelham line due to other transit options available (the Bx4, accepting free rides at the two stations).

They probably would. They do the same thing on the Brighton Line. I would assume that they just closed the whole stations on the Pelham line due to other transit options available (the Bx4, accepting free rides at the two stations).

You mean with Kings Hwy right?

That, and the local stations too. Unlike the Pelham line where they just closed the whole station at all times (which seemed odd to me) they just closed one platform each on the Brighton line, at the local stations being renovated.

That, and the local stations too. Unlike the Pelham line where they just closed the whole station at all times (which seemed odd to me) they just closed one platform each on the Brighton line, at the local stations being renovated.

I think the rationale is that those particular stations on the Pelham line are lightly used compared to Ave H, Ave M, Ave U and Neck.

They are doing some work on the 9th Avenue platforms. Its hard for me to figure it out from just passing by but it looks like they are reinforcing the lamp posts with cement. Not exactly sure.

Not far from there, right when you come out from the Tunnel to the 9th Avenue station going towards Coney they rebuilt one of the over passes which I think wasnt used for many years, they acctualy built a new one to replace it. It seems like they have plans to put new track there and do something there anyone knows what? is there a train lot there all ready? I think the Bus Depot is some where in that area?

They are doing some work on the 9th Avenue platforms. Its hard for me to figure it out from just passing by but it looks like they are reinforcing the lamp posts with cement. Not exactly sure.

Not far from there, right when you come out from the Tunnel to the 9th Avenue station going towards Coney they rebuilt one of the over passes which I think wasnt used for many years, they acctualy built a new one to replace it. It seems like they have plans to put new track there and do something there anyone knows what? is there a train lot there all ready? I think the Bus Depot is some where in that area?

I think you are referring to the 38th St. Yd. leads, I think.

Archived