Today on the (D) Train

bveguy

Just a story from a really funny ride back:

At Grand Street, a person kept on saying "Grand Street." And then, "Atlantic-Pacific, Pacific-Atlantic is the next stop. Atlantic-Pacific will be the last stop on this train," THE WHOLE RIDE FROM GRAND STREET TO ATLANTIC-PACIFIC. In between, while he was saying that, the M/M went on the PA and said: "No, Coney Island, Stillwell Avenue will be the last stop." Everyone started laughing in the head car.

Just my 2 minutes of entertainment on the (D) train. That's it.

At Grand Street, a person kept on saying "Grand Street." And then, "Atlantic-Pacific, Pacific-Atlantic is the next stop. Atlantic-Pacific will be the last stop on this train," THE WHOLE RIDE FROM GRAND STREET TO ATLANTIC-PACIFIC. In between, while he was saying that, the M/M went on the PA and said: "No, Coney Island, Stillwell Avenue will be the last stop." Everyone started laughing in the head car.

lol this is funny. i remember one time someone on a R42 Bay Parkway-bound (M2) train broke the conductor's cab door open, went on the PA System and said the dirtiest thing of all:

"Next Stop, Your mama's........ "

(i aint saying the rest, but ya'll go ahead and figure out what the idiot said.)

when the train arrived at 36 St, he was caught using the PA System and got in trouble for it. idk wat they did with him tho.

Well, you got a great day railfanning, I got a terrible day railfanning. People sick, people getting injured, I got yelled by a p!$$ed off Port Authority Cop for asking a fellow cop for 15 cents which the fellow cop agreed but he then refused after hearing the p!$$ed off cop yell at me. Luckily a good fellow PATH rider let me use a 25 cent he got for change, :(! Next time I am not riding PATH to and from NY and over the NJ Gold Coast and from the Gold Coast to Newark, :mad:.

Thanks for the thought, buddy, sorry about that, but we're talking about the (D) train not about P.A.T.H.

lol this is funny. i remember one time someone on a R42 Bay Parkway-bound (M2) train broke the conductor's cab door open, went on the PA System and said the dirtiest thing of all:

"Next Stop, Your mama's........ "

(i aint saying the rest, but ya'll go ahead and figure out what the idiot said.)

when the train arrived at 36 St, he was caught using the PA System and got in trouble for it. idk wat they did with him tho.

I believe that unless you have the key you cannot use the PA system by just "pressing the button".

I believe that unless you have the key you cannot use the PA system by just "pressing the button".

no, he waited for the train to leave the station, and literally kicked the cab door open and just said what he said on the PA system.

Well, you got a great day railfanning, I got a terrible day railfanning. People sick, people getting injured, I got yelled by a p!$$ed off Port Authority Cop for asking a fellow cop for 15 cents which the fellow cop agreed but he then refused after hearing the p!$$ed off cop yell at me. Luckily a good fellow PATH rider let me use a 25 cent he got for change, :P! Next time I am not riding PATH to and from NY and over the NJ Gold Coast and from the Gold Coast to Newark, :mad:.

You shouldn't let that one experience affect you riding the PATH. It's a similar thing to being stopped for taking photos in the subway when the (MTA) isn't at fault for the misinformation given to the cops.

Why didn't anyone tell him to shut up? I would have after the 3rd time.

No key is necessary to use the PA. Someone used the PA back when my father was a conductor. He got on the PA and said unless the person stopped, he would discharge the train.

Why didn't anyone tell him to shut up? I would have after the 3rd time.

At 36th Street, someone did tell him to shut up, but he didn't.

I wouldn't tell him to shut up, only because I don't want to cause any trouble. But at least the motorman did give us a good laugh.

Archived