mtv gaining and losing lines

MTV Operator

Mtv only has 5 to 10 rts buses left everything else are hybrids. I love the new ng's. There good buses. Love driving them. Last I heard the design line city bus was slow and doesn't last very long on battery life.

Lol yes true . how come your profile doesnt say your a b/o ? what routes do you operate ?

Wonder if that mean Artics are coming to the M96 - it could use it at time....

Also wonder if we'll get a chance to see an RTS on the M1 and M7 before MHV gets rid of the few they have left. That would be the bus photo opp of the year...How long has it been since RTSs have been on either route.

I am a b/o out of mtv .I have worked all the lines there,most recently the m5 and m11.quill receiveing those lines for the summer pick along with a general pick are rumors although the union has said it will happen but this is transit and things are said all the time and don't happen.as of today this coming week or the next the prints for the next pick are going to be posted in the depot

as far as mch goes I worked the m2 (seventh ave.) Which crosses 147th where hale was located .the building was completly knocked down all that is visable is a blue wooden fence surrounding the area.the new building itself has yet to even seem started, I passed there last Tuesday so 2011 doesn't seem like its going to happen. And yes the 96 is closer to mtv than quill

I am a b/o out of mtv .I have worked all the lines there,most recently the m5 and m11.quill receiveing those lines for the summer pick along with a general pick are rumors although the union has said it will happen but this is transit and things are said all the time and don't happen.as of today this coming week or the next the prints for the next pick are going to be posted in the depot
You should ask Harry to give you the title of 'bus operator' [in place of 'member'] so it will distinguish you from just another poster.

Also thanks for the info you've been posting. :tup:

Rumor at mtv depot is that they are loosing the m104 and m96 to michael j. Quill depot however mtv will be getting the m1 and m7 from amsterdamn depot which is scheduled to close this june .with amsterdam closing a general picked is expected to follow(MTA)

On that note, the Q32 NOW becomes 110% Casey Stengel. Yeah, now I wonder where will the few buses come from to supplement this.

OH BOY! is CS going to be able to take over MJQ portion of the Q32 it was my understanding that Quill had half of the Q32 because CS couldn't handle it all by itself...

My guess is there's going to be some shuffling going on at CS...This is where the MTA could have things easy if MTAB and NYCT was 1 in order to shuffle routes around without adding alot of deadheading time....CS and CP could really shuffle some routes around easily.

OH BOY! is CS going to be able to take over MJQ portion of the Q32 it was my understanding that Quill had half of the Q32 because CS couldn't handle it all by itself...

My guess is there's going to be some shuffling going on at CS...This is where the MTA could have things easy if MTAB and NYCT was 1 in order to shuffle routes around without adding alot of deadheading time....CS and CP could really shuffle some routes around easily.

Considering that CS is losing both their express routes (X32, X51) they will also be losing their ~13 express buses too. If MJQ sends CS 13 buses for the Q32 then the depot should be able to handle the route by itself. Not to mention that other CS routes are getting cut too.

Archived