Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Anyone know how to use megabus?

I'm coming up to NY next month and while I've been to NY plenty of times, I've never used megabus I've always used greyhound in the past. Does anyone know how it works? I know its a ticket-less system, but how does that work out?

Yea but from what I understand they don't mail you a ticket nor do you pick them up. So how do you prove you've paid?

I did the e-ticket thing with Eastern. So I'm guessing it works similarly on Megabus. So what happened was, I bought the ticket online and I printed it out (with my own printer) and I showed it to the bus driver upon boarding.

I did the e-ticket thing with Eastern. So I'm guessing it works similarly on Megabus. So what happened was, I bought the ticket online and I printed it out (with my own printer) and I showed it to the bus driver upon boarding.

Oh ok, I see. Thanks.

IIRC, Boltbus and Megabus have the same fare system. Pay online, print it, and show it to the driver. Book ASAP, try Boltbus (it has more legroom:tup:)

Yeah I prefer Boltbus. If you could book in advance, you could get the ticket for a buck.

Archived