Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eastman346

Switch to digital TV

Do you mean the which over to HD in 2009?I think it will great because we will be able to watch TV much better.But i also think that it will get real crazy.Because everybody that doesnt have a HDTV. Will be scrattering at the elcronic stores trying a to buy a TV.Its going to be even crazier than when the PS3 came out!

Do you mean the which over to HD in 2009?I think it will great because we will be able to watch TV much better.But i also think that it will get real crazy.Because everybody that doesnt have a HDTV. Will be scrattering at the elcronic stores trying a to buy a TV.Its going to be even crazier than when the PS3 came out!

It's a switch to DTV (Digital Television) broadcasting and has nothing to do with HD or owning an HDTV. You can buy an HDTV if you want but all you need is your plain old analog television and a Digital-to-Analog converter box and your good to go.

My mother called my a couple of days ago all worried asking about it. I told her you're on cable so don't worry about it. When you unsuscribe to cable then you worry about it.

My mother called my a couple of days ago all worried asking about it. I told her you're on cable so don't worry about it. When you unsuscribe to cable then you worry about it.

The announcement definitely made some folks panic a little and my older sister included. She doesn't have cable so she's going to get that converter box. I told her she won't even realize the change once everythings up and running.

What do I think in general, I think its a good thing. I believe all the channels will come in clearer. Its a safer signal to use than analog. What is there not to like about it.

Ya, people is sort of going a little too crazy over this. But really, I'm not surprised because there are many people who don't understand these things.

Sad part, some networks already in the process of complete switch if not completely already by now.

I'm not ready for it. The analog cable I have is more than adequate. I don't see why they're mandating that it be changed next year.

What is there not to be ready for??? And if you already have cable then you're good to go! Besides, I don't know why everyone is getting all uptight about it anyway since it won't even happen till 2009. People have almost a whole year to decide what they want to do.

I'm not ready for it. The analog cable I have is more than adequate. I don't see why they're mandating that it be changed next year.

If you are a cable subscriber than you are already on a digital signal. The only difference is that its through your cable provider and not the local television networks.

What is there not to be ready for??? And if you already have cable then you're good to go! Besides, I don't know why everyone is getting all uptight about it anyway since it won't even happen till 2009. People have almost a whole year to decide what they want to do.

There's is nothing to decide. It's happening no matter if people like it/want it or not. This will be great for everyone without cable/dish.

If you are a cable subscriber than you are already on a digital signal. The only difference is that its through your cable provider and not the local television networks.

There's is nothing to decide. It's happening no matter if people like it/want it or not. This will be great for everyone without cable/dish.

What I ment by people having "to decide" I ment people who don't have cable or dish will have to get it, or get a converter if they don't want it.

Oh, okay. That's a relief to hear!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.