To those who are taking APs...

MTR Admiralty

I have to take AP Biology, AP U.S. American History, and AP English Language. Bio is going to kill me. History and English, I doubt I'll fail.

Yeah, I'm taking AP US this Friday. I'm a history freak myself. Heh, wish they had something like AP Transit.

Good luck everyone!

AP Bio...everyone in HS who took that hated it. Good thing I took Physics, heh. Shame none of my APs ended up being relevant to college.

Good luck, folks.

Yep...I was placed in an AP Bio class...it was okay for the most part, and I got between an 80 and 90 every term...the AP Exam, don't even get me started. I got a 1 on the AP test...I also took Government although I wasn't always strong in history until recently; I got a 2 on that exam.

Good thing my major doesn't pertain to any of the four major subjects so that means less Gen Ed classes for me.

Yep...I was placed in an AP Bio class...it was okay for the most part, and I got between an 80 and 90 every term...the AP Exam, don't even get me started. I got a 1 on the AP test...I also took Government although I wasn't always strong in history until recently; I got a 2 on that exam.

Damn, I don't remember Government being particularly difficult, probably the easiest of the APs (I personally thought English Language was the most difficult). AP US History was the most fun out of them all, I thoroughly enjoyed that class and even that exam.

Damn, I don't remember Government being particularly difficult, probably the easiest of the APs (I personally thought English Language was the most difficult). AP US History was the most fun out of them all, I thoroughly enjoyed that class and even that exam.

I don't remember gov. being hard either, then again I don't remember much of high school.

Not me... I got a 4 freshman year.

I have Calculus, European History, and English Literature this year.

That's a pretty tough May you planned out for yourself there, man. I have US History, Physics B, English Language, and Calculus BC (Note: my school takes AB, BC, and Physics C late session so that we have a bit more time). Congratulations to those of you who took Government or French today, and good luck to everyone else out there taking AP tests. By the way, does anyone here go to Bronx Science and has anyone had Mr. Farley for AP Physics B? If so, please tell me how the exam compared to the work you did in class.

That's a pretty tough May you planned out for yourself there, man. I have US History, Physics B, English Language, and Calculus BC (Note: my school takes AB, BC, and Physics C late session so that we have a bit more time).

Ah, forgot to mention that I'm taking AB. I get BC and Physics next year.

Not me... I got a 4 freshman year.

I have Calculus, European History, and English Literature this year.

I'm surprised they let you take it that early, here they only allowed juniors and seniors to take that one.

In my heyday I took Physics, English Language, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Italian Language (no longer offered), US Government, European History and US History. Scored very well on all of them except English Language and Chemistry. Didn't really like those classes, to say the least.

I'm embarrassed to say that I never took an AP course. I went to Brooklyn Tech, a very competitive school. There were a finite number of slots in the AP courses. I was an introvert who didn't talk much. As a result, very few teachers recommended me for the AP courses. Nevertheless, I'm attending CUNY Law School in the fall so my life isn't so bad.

I don't remember gov. being hard either, then again I don't remember much of high school.

Lol, same here. High school is just a blur to me. As far as the exams, never took one. I guess chalk it up to thinking it won't be added towards my college credits or I just felt I needed less stress during senior year [senioritis hit me hard - but thankfull not so much as I was exempt from a few finals with a 90 avg].

But I would have to say I loved history [the subject] and would've loved to major in that for college, but I don't want to be a history teacher for my career :)

I'm embarrassed to say that I never took an AP course. I went to Brooklyn Tech, a very competitive school. There were a finite number of slots in the AP courses. I was an introvert who didn't talk much. As a result, very few teachers recommended me for the AP courses. Nevertheless, I'm attending CUNY Law School in the fall so my life isn't so bad.

Good for you congrats

That's a pretty tough May you planned out for yourself there, man. I have US History, Physics B, English Language, and Calculus BC (Note: my school takes AB, BC, and Physics C late session so that we have a bit more time). Congratulations to those of you who took Government or French today, and good luck to everyone else out there taking AP tests. By the way, does anyone here go to Bronx Science and has anyone had Mr. Farley for AP Physics B? If so, please tell me how the exam compared to the work you did in class.

Oh man, having Gov and French on the same day was a living nightmare. Gov was alright, you just have to know the stuff. My teacher, Greez, did an excellent job on giving the material. Meanwhile, the AP French test was a catastrophe.

I joined a new major called International Arts and Sciences. I have to have 5 APs, three this year, two the next. But it happens to be that this year's class is going to be the last of two IAS years. :cool:

Wow. All those four APs? I'd never survive BC.

my school offers very little AP classes. i'm taking AP U.S. next year but i'm not really worried lol. i'm a real nerd when it comes to history. i'm also taking the world history SAT IIs in november...

A little question, do you guys have to pay the fee for taking the AP test?(All $86?). I was going to take the AP test for European History but my EuroAP teacher taught the whole class poorly. We're still on WWI! Luckily, I had a choice to take it or not.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also took an AP Art class.

However, I didn't take the exam for it.

I also was recommended to take an AP Calculus class at my school, but ever since I took a nosedive in math from junior year I wasn't taking the risk in an AP class. I only need one semester of math in college (currently taking a Statistics math class, 100 level since I did good on the Math A regents and remarkably passed the Math B regents after having to take it FOUR times) and then I can officially close the book on math for good.

A little question, do you guys have to pay the fee for taking the AP test?(All $86?). I was going to take the AP test for European History but my EuroAP teacher taught the whole class poorly. We're still on WWI! Luckily, I had a choice to take it or not.

The test is Friday, buddy!

Actually no, on the multiple choice answer booklet, on the front cover there is a section marked School Use Only. Now this is for my school, so I'm not sure if other schools follow a similar system: there's a circle that says "Option 1". Students who have free/reduced lunch would have to fill this in. These students are waived from paying the required $86. Again, that is my school, so I am not sure if other schools do it too.

You have to, unless you have reduced, or free lunch. A failure flushes down $86 into the drain.

Archived