NY1: Transit Workers Protest Layoffs And Service Cuts

Transit

Updated: 05/04/2010 11:25pm

Transit Workers Protest Layoffs And Service Cuts

By: NY1 News

About 1,000 members of the Transport Workers Union gathered for a rally by Pennsylvania Station to denounce the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's planned layoffs and service cuts.

The TWU Local 100 workers who gathered on Eighth Avenue say the MTA's plans to cut 500 station agents will lead to increases in subway crimes, and fare evaders, and leave tourists without guidance.

"I just don't like the way it was handled. You know, we weren't given a sufficeint amount of time to prepare ourselves for this", said one protesting union worker. "I have a family. I'm getting married Friday, so it's unfortunate I have to plan such a beautiful event around this time."

"If they actually visited the stations that they want to change the staff, they would never want to do this.", said another.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson addressed the protesting crowd.

Source and Video: http://www.ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-content/news_beats/transit/

well i`m will to call the mta every day wasting my time demanding answers out of them i`ll do it and i don`t care what any one else says on this tread or any other if me and all of us can team up aganist the mta and do sumthing about it then doing so, maybe we can get sumthing done.

well i`m will to call the mta every day wasting my time demanding answers out of them i`ll do it and i don`t care what any one else says on this tread or any other if me and all of us can team up aganist the mta and do sumthing about it then doing so, maybe we can get sumthing done.

I like your determination Igor, you have to give mass production a little pep talk, he sounds kind of pessimistic. He needs to keep his head up and stay strong.

Start from the very top, Jay Walder, I gave out his address

on another thread. Now it's up to you to find out his apt#, most likely on one of the very top floors of Tribeca Tower. 105 Duane St,New York,NY,10007.

Don't worry about those who criticize your spelling and grammar errors on here. They are nobody important, absorb, rinse and repeat....

I like your determination Igor, you have to give mass production a little pep talk, he sounds kind of pessimistic. He needs to keep his head up and stay strong.

on another thread. Now it's up to you to find out his apt#, most likely on one of the very top floors of Tribeca Tower. 105 Duane St,New York,NY,10007.

Don't worry about those who criticize your spelling and grammar errors on here. They are nobody important, absorb, rinse and repeat....

I am keeping my head up Loco, but the way how things are with the cuts, and layoffs are not looking too good....I'm looking at other things now...not going to depend on transit...I'm not saying that there crooks, but it hurts all of us...

Hey loco the guy in your signature actually LOOKS like Walder :P

i`ll do it let`s hope he don`t get the cops on me i`ll show him my doucuments and every thing

Why would he call the cops on you? You weigh like 145lbs or something like that right? He is a very big intimidating looking guy...:eek:

Listen, he is a public servant, we the taxpaying public are paying his salary and for his luxury apartment. He isn't God, the more money a person makes the bigger the jerk they are. I am sure somewhere on the MTA website you can find Mr Walder's email address, email him if it's easier for you Igor.

MassP: Yes in a way these service cuts/layoffs are like a slap in the face for us on the list. They will eventually get to everybody on the 8006 list, it's just going to mean a longer wait. Stay the course.

Archived