NYC Woman Sues Starbucks Over Too-Hot Tea

Um, got a question here: Is the topic now about how we insert smileys?

I would like to hear the decisions of the civil courts, just to see how ridiculous this woman gets.

I was how she made 1 simple mistake and then got mad at a whole company

NX Showed how she possibly did it on purpose (his clicking disable smileys actually said The woman purposely burnt herself)

It was an odd way of showing it on both our ends, but we are still technically on topic

I was how she made 1 simple mistake and then got mad at a whole company

NX Showed how she possibly did it on purpose (his clicking disable smileys actually said The woman purposely burnt herself)

It was an odd way of showing it on both our ends, but we are still technically on topic

LOL she really describes epic fail. Don't make her order baked apple pie it Mickie D's because she'll burn her tongue off and then sue the fast food giant, even if the container has a warning.

Last time I checked, tea is supposed to be hot. The economy must be bad since people are coming up with these frivolous lawsuits.

It's been going on even when the economy was doing well. There will always be deuchebags out there trying to make an easy buck for their own stupidity.

Daily News

NYC Woman Sues Starbucks Over Too-Hot Tea

Reuters

Tuesday May 4, 2010 2:01 PM

Starbucks Corp. has been sued by a customer who allegedly suffered second-degree burns after being served tea that was too hot.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff, Zeynep Inanli, was served tea that was "unreasonably hot" in containers which were "not safe" at a Starbucks store at 685 Third Avenue in Manhattan.

As a result of Starbucks' negligence, the plaintiff suffered "great physical pain, and mental anguish", including the burns, the complaint said.

The plaintiff seeks unspecified damages. Starbucks, based in Seattle, did not immediately return requests for comment.

The plaintiff's lawyer did not immediately return a call for comment. Retailers periodically face lawsuits for serving beverages at temperatures that customers say are too high.

In one well-known case, a jury in 1994 ordered McDonald's Corp. to pay $2.86 million to Stella Liebeck, an Albuquerque, New Mexico woman who claimed she scalded herself with the restaurant's coffee.

Unbelieveable.

People in this country: OMG I BURNED MY F*CKING TONGUE ON SOME COFFEE, TIME TO GO GET MONEY.

Boo-freakin'-hoo

Trial lawyers are also hungry for such things too

That is where I put the blame at. All lawyers should have told her to go to hell, but she possibly would have sued them for that. It's the lawyers who pick up these cases, that are the real idiots, and beady eyed money lovers..........

:)

If I could get a million dollars every time I was in pain, I'd be richer than f*cking Bill Gates.

If you were a woman, f*cking Bill Gates would make you richer............

Nah, he's practically throwing money away giving computers to 3rd world nations. You [in general] don't even need to touch him :)

He is probably getting 3rd world poon while out there. Sorry, but I am cautious of those who say they are going to donate in such countries. I don't trust that Santa Claus looking guy, who is always holding children, asking for donations either..........

Lol! Agreed. I mean if he wants to give money away, what about the poor in THIS country? I'm sure they could use that money more than the 3rd worlders. What good is a computer if they can't even feed themselves?

Q: what do you call 20,000 ambulance chasing lawyers tied down to the bottom of the ocean?

A: a good start

Lol, awesome :tup:

That is where I put the blame at. All lawyers should have told her to go to hell, but she possibly would have sued them for that. It's the lawyers who pick up these cases, that are the real idiots, and beady eyed money lovers..........

If you were a woman, f*cking Bill Gates would make you richer............

It's the trial lawyers. The know-it-all who find any means to get a gutload of money. They take advantage of tort and basically demand a price for the suit; the client usually agrees because (s)he could get compensation. But remember, these pigs get half the tort money.

Its amazing what you can get away with these days. "CAUTION CONTENTS MAYBE HOT". By law these cups must have these labeled so if the woman burned herself then its her own fault. ATTENTION TO DETAIL FOLKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
That's insane.

She was not smart.

I always check temp when I drink:

any hot teas (Chinese, Japanese, teas) , coffee, Hot Chocolate, Hot Cocoa.

I always check temp when I eat hot noodles, hot soup, miso soup, Japanese podridge, etc.

Yeah go tell her and similar folks that

Archived