PATH Lines You've Tried

These are the PATH Lines I've tried:

* Journal Square to 33d Street

* Journal Square to 33d Street via Hoboken

* Newark to World Trade Center

Favorite runs:

* Newark Penn Station to the tunnel portals between Journal Square and Grove Street

* Grove Street to Christopher Street

Favorite cars:

* K Class Cars

* PA-1

* PA-2

Favorite stations:

* Journal Square

* Harrison

* Pavonia Avenue-Newport

* Hoboken

* Newark

Rode all the lines from end to end, also filmed almost all the stations. Favorite cars, no favorites, like them all equally. Favorite stretches, The Exchange Place-WTC stretch & the JSQ-Harrison stretch. Favorite Stations, Harrison, Newark-Penn & Journal Square.

There's not much to the system. I rode the entire system in a few hours and did some sightseeing in Newark [the Rock area] and Hoboken.

The no photography on Path = major fail. It would be nice if you can take pics in the system as there's nothing special about it like any other subway system.

Been riding the PATH system all my life, but the most common line I ride is the Newark-World Trade Center line. It's always nice whenever I ride the PATH (except when there's service disruptions and whatnot, I lose my patience quick because of experiences I've had).

My favorite cars have to be the PA-4s and those bouncy PA-1 girls!

As for the PA-5s, I'm just fine with them replacing the entire fleet, I really like those cars.

Favorite streches have to be the Newark-Journal Square run, the 33rd Street tunnel run, and the tunnel run between Exchange Place and World Trade Center PRE 9/11.

Been riding the PATH system all my life, but the most common line I ride is the Newark-World Trade Center line. It's always nice whenever I ride the PATH (except when there's service disruptions and whatnot, I lose my patience quick because of experiences I've had).

My favorite cars have to be the PA-4s and those bouncy PA-1 girls!

As for the PA-5s, I'm just fine with them replacing the entire fleet, I really like those cars.

Favorite streches have to be the Newark-Journal Square run, the 33rd Street tunnel run, and the tunnel run between Exchange Place and World Trade Center PRE 9/11.

Good good times those were...:cry::cry:

I remember the underground mall next to the former WTC station. It was awesome. Getting back to the topic, I like the PA-5. It is awesome.

Yes, that whole mezzanine complex was fantastic. I always loved stopping into the Warner Brothers Store for a quick peek and getting a slice at the Sbarro next to the entrance to the (E) train.

I have rode on the whole PATH system. As Phil said there is nothing too special about it, but I like the stretch from Newark to Journal Square, plus it shares the ROW of a commuter rail line. I have never been on a PA5 yet nor been to the old WTC station, but I do remember the mall above the station though.

Does anyone having special PATH run between World Trade Center & 33rd St via Hoboken during (MTA)-Wide Transit Strike?

Does anyone taken it?

Heard of it. Was important as a north south route. Some folks got on the 6th Ave branch, took the thing to Joisey, then hopped on the WTC line to WTC. But tbh, it was really limited and not really a great contingency service.

Does anyone having special PATH run between World Trade Center & 33rd St via Hoboken during (MTA)-Wide Transit Strike?

Does anyone taken it?

Heard of it. Was important as a north south route. Some folks got on the 6th Ave branch, took the thing to Joisey, then hopped on the WTC line to WTC. But tbh, it was really limited and not really a great contingency service.

Nah Yuki, it was was not via Hoboken IIRC. It was straight line from 33rd Street to the World Trade Center.

The other alternative was taking a Journal Square train to Pavonia-Newport then transfer to the World Trade Center train there, or take the Hoboken train to Hoboken and transfer to the World Trade Center.

But during the strike, that 33rd-WTC service was provided.

Nah Yuki, it was was not via Hoboken IIRC. It was straight line from 33rd Street to the World Trade Center.

The other alternative was taking a Journal Square train to Pavonia-Newport then transfer to the World Trade Center train there, or take the Hoboken train to Hoboken and transfer to the World Trade Center.

But during the strike, that 33rd-WTC service was provided.

They did offer the service at regular PATH fare, right? If they did, it was a steal, compared to what other services were charging.

I ride the entire system often, using every station at least once a year except harrison. My most frequent use is nwk-exp, and hob-pvn, second would be exp-wtc after riding the light rail from hoboken or newport.

- A

Archived