Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

PATH Lines You've Tried

They did offer the service at regular PATH fare, right? If they did, it was a steal, compared to what other services were charging.

Some of the trains actually have 33-wtc as a signage option, the indicators on the side have 33 and wtc lit in that instance. Asked an engineer to show me when i was riding the wtc loop to kill time meeting my girlfriend at exp. The cars without this simply have the endpoint destination lit.

- A

Some of the trains actually have 33-wtc as a signage option, the indicators on the side have 33 and wtc lit in that instance. Asked an engineer to show me when i was riding the wtc loop to kill time meeting my girlfriend at exp. The cars without this simply have the endpoint destination lit.

- A

Erm, its not the hardest thing in the world for PATH to sign up every train on a 33rd-WTC run. The rollsigns up front (whoopie-do). The side designation signs, just the flick of a switch. Marker lights, another flick.

I'm sure the PA-5s have program for 33rd-WTC if ever that needs to happen again (i.e. another MTA strike).

I took a PATH train using the new PA-5 cars and talked to the conductor, and he's telling me the PA-5's are garbage. I took it from Hoboken to World Trade Center. Newark-WTC and 33rd Street-Journal Square, now those are good runs too.

I took a PATH train using the new PA-5 cars and talked to the conductor, and he's telling me the PA-5's are garbage. I took it from Hoboken to World Trade Center. Newark-WTC and 33rd Street-Journal Square, now those are good runs too.

The crews are not liking them, especially the old timers, but they're performing just fine.

I remembered how the train would turn around the WTC loop and there were the letters WTC hung up on the wall. It was striking.

I remember so much about that old WTC station, especially when the trains would idle, it would echo throughout the station, hearing the motors from the mezzanine level (not the mall) was probably the best way to know if the train is there or not, since you can hear the motors echo throughout that area as well.

I miss the old WTC station so much. The dark mood it gave off was the biggest attraction for me. If only 9/11 never happened. :(

You & me both...

Just for the nostalgia (from NYCSR):

img_22192.jpg

img_21802.jpg

img_21817.jpg

Ugh, stop it, you're killing me here!! :cry::cry:

I remember so much about that old WTC station, especially when the trains would idle, it would echo throughout the station, hearing the motors from the mezzanine level (not the mall) was probably the best way to know if the train is there or not, since you can hear the motors echo throughout that area as well.

You & me both...

Ugh, stop it, you're killing me here!! :cry::cry:

Sorry man, I just can't help it. The old station, IMO, is the best of all time. The dark tone of the station is relative to the "Space Age" stations like the DC Metro and Bart, if you so realise. The Calatrava station is aesthetically nice, but a bit OD?

Not at all.

If you know how to move around Newark, you'll be a-ok. Jersey City is exactly the same.

The true nightmare of NJ is Camden.

I agree 100%, I've been around parts of Newark and it doesnt seem to be that bad, especially now that the area is getting back up on its feet again.

I agree 100%, I've been around parts of Newark and it doesnt seem to be that bad, especially now that the area is getting back up on its feet again.

Just stay away from Irvington lol

Well, the old station does look a little overdone and costly but the main thing is that NYC Stations shouldn't be so lame and cheap looking, we need some style and uniqueness in each and every station. But, the sad thing is this station is now gone, and I and am sure others miss it, :o...

If you read carefully, I said that the NEW station is overdone and costly. We really don't need too much frills especially in these times. Sure, it may look like a sign of hope and stuff. But IMO it's too opulent for a station that serves a certain number of people. Had this station have more importance, such as a NJT or a LIRR line, then yeah, it would deem appropriate IMO.

Umm, WTC Path Station is a second gateway of NYC (for EWR passengers) so coolness is the factor! I would spend money for reputation of a City and State. Like Jamaica although smells bad but the station is at least looks better than others (when it got built)...

It's one station, it isn't even a complex like Fulton St. Who cares that it connects two states? That doesn't justify the absurd costs of it. Plus the PATH is more like a subway, it only connects two states, otherwise it doesn't make the station any special.

Jamacia -LIRR- is a major transfer point for many lines that deserves the upgrade it got.

It's one station, it isn't even a complex like Fulton St. Who cares that it connects two states? That doesn't justify the absurd costs of it. Plus the PATH is more like a subway, it only connects two states, otherwise it doesn't make the station any special.

Jamacia -LIRR- is a major transfer point for many lines that deserves the upgrade it got.

Totally agree. The idea to erect a "Grand Central in Lower Manhattan" is but a joke. That money that was allocated to build such a costly project could have been used for something else, like fund the cultural centre or one of Silverstein's towers. Or even get the FSTC done faster.

However, if the new station will have a definite link to the airport via rail access, or a connection to bona fide commuter rail, then arguably, it would be appropriate. TBH, that thing looks appropriate for an airport rail connection due to its grace. If you look at the inside view (the renderings), the thing is way too overachieved for a simple rapid transit terminal.

Totally agreed. And I'm not sure there's really a need for such a rail link because riders can transfer from the AirTrain to the A to lower manahttan to get to the Path WTC station. So yeah it'll be a pita transfer wise, but the 'lines' are there.

Archived