PATH Lines You've Tried

Totally agreed. And I'm not sure there's really a need for such a rail link because riders can transfer from the AirTrain to the A to lower manahttan to get to the Path WTC station. So yeah it'll be a pita transfer wise, but the 'lines' are there.

Correct, plus the only way they could do it is refit the Atlantic Branch with ALRT technology, which would mean a lot of dollars just for the refitting. Let's not talk about building the tunnel.

I would rather build a LIRR tunnel, such that Long Island customers could get a hook up with lines to Joisey.

The new Path WTC Station is just temporary, but I do think it is a little overdone but still it looks like a station and served the area for half-a-decade, so I don't really have a big problem with it...

Well, perhaps, the cost of a nice looking station would still welcome tourists, I am pretty sure the PATH station would still look as nice when the WTC Complex is done. IMO, PATH is inculded in the Fulton-WTC Transit MegaComplex. So PATH deserve a nice looking station, I do not want all the stations to look so similar like JSQ and Newark, 33rd St. and Harrison, Hoboken and Pavonia-Newport, Grove and all the stations from Christopher St. to 23rd St.

What are you smoking about? The Calatrava station is not permanent. Are you really following up with what were talking here?

And the planned Calatrava station is going to be physically linked to the FSTC by means of the Dey Street passageway which connects the 4/5 and the Cortlandt Street Station on the BMT. The BMT station will have a connection to the PATH via a new underground mezzanine. The infrastructure is able to connect the WFC on the western end to the 2/3 trains on the eastern end. They are currently digging a tunnel under West Street to link the Winter Garden with the transportation hub.

Well, perhaps, the cost of a nice looking station would still welcome tourists, I am pretty sure the PATH station would still look as nice when the WTC Complex is done. IMO, PATH is inculded in the Fulton-WTC Transit MegaComplex. So PATH deserve a nice looking station, I do not want all the stations to look so similar like JSQ and Newark, 33rd St. and Harrison, Hoboken and Pavonia-Newport, Grove and all the stations from Christopher St. to 23rd St.

What tourists? Most tourists I see are riding the NYC SUBWAY and mainly visiting Manhattan. Why would they want to go to Jersey? Most of the 'good sites' are in Manhattan. Times Sq as important as it is is more or less utilitarian, nothing fancy about it. It serves a basic purpose to connect lines to each other.

So your 'points' don't add up.

Tourist who came to New York from Newark Liberty International Airport. And also, WTC Path station should stand out more because it is located in a Business, Tourist, and Political District and also in a block housing landmarks. It deserves some nice features. I am saying about designing the next permanent station as well.

Just because something is located in a business, tourist and a political district along side with block housing landmarks does not justify a reason to build something like the Calatrava station.

Have you ever seen the renderings of the inside? It resembles a giant terminal for international flights or high speed rail. It doesn't even justify a commuter rail terminal, much less a PATH station.

Erm, its not the hardest thing in the world for PATH to sign up every train on a 33rd-WTC run. The rollsigns up front (whoopie-do). The side designation signs, just the flick of a switch. Marker lights, another flick.

I'm sure the PA-5s have program for 33rd-WTC if ever that needs to happen again (i.e. another MTA strike).

Oh, well i meant there's actually a setting for it on the panel across from the cab for the front rollsign.

- A

Well, it does resemble a Commuter Rail/Airport Terminal but these days, we just need some station to show hope, and strength and unity and represent the US of A, and the WTC Station does it and it does it all the way and this station is ideal because it is the second portion (WTC Section) of the FSTC and it matches the building around it so that would be a great station. I mean look at it, US of A needs a modern and artistic station, not a more boring station entrance like a typical NYC Subway Station. It is already cut-down by the way so don't complain.

I'm really not arguing about the size of the station. If you look at the renderings of the interior, they do not justify the purpose at all. Perhaps, they should save this for Moynihan Station or something. Sure we might want something that shows our spirit, but at the cost of billions? It's just not cost effective. It looks great aesthetically, but you have to think in terms of cost. Heck, half the money alloted for this thing could be used to erect a smaller and simpler and yet effecient PATH station. And the remaining money could be used to fund Tower 2 (Silverstein's). Keep in mind, Tower 2 is stalled because there are insufficient funds and market demand. Tower 3 will be built to ground level first unless Silverstein has enough funds to build the thing himself. Keep that in mind.

Well, the Transit Terminal and Memorial is the two only structures to be completed just after the finishing of WTC 7, so yeah it may be a little too expensive but it is partially for Path while also serving the (1)(2)(3)(A)(C)(E)(R) trains around it's vicinity, so I don't think it is such a big deal unless if the (MTA)/Port Autority really want to trim it down to a smaller size it's fine. But, as I heard, the transit complex would also feature some shopping and convenience stores.

First of all, they WILL not is or are. They are still under construction. Just because it is a connection between PATH lines and NYCT subway lines still does not justify whether Calatrava's station is necessary.

Well, this station is mainly a sucker punch to Al Qaeda and Taliban in the face. As well as it is modern, sleek and very streamlined, I mean look at this thing, it is increadible and superb and what a sight! This is a masterpiece, and shall be installed to lift up American spirit and vision of the future, keep in mind this structure will be here for a long long time...

22cnd-path.1.450.jpg

Sticking this in the face of those terrorists means nothing. What are they going to say about this? As much as I love America, I have to say, this is just unnecessary. It still does not justify why we need this at all.

Sides, it's all about the cost.

Are these at all necessary for a PATH terminal?

03.calatrava.cityroom.01.jpg

interior1.jpg

These resemble air terminals rather than rapid transit stations. Are these at all necessary? It's just too much and not cost-efficient.

You keep forgetting [no surprise] it's just ONE station. It isn't even that major a stop compared to Atlantic-Pacific or such complexes. Even those places are much busier and don't have anything close to 'elaborate' as this boondoggle. This atrium thing is going to be a white elephant, it isn't justified and a total total waste of money. The PA should focus on building the towers not a useless roof.

Well, the reason why the roof is glass and it is so large is it is a green structure too, you won't have to pay for a lot of power and such as well as it'll minimalize hallway length which also requires to be built and dug. The largeness of the atrium is not the factor, rather it is because it could be more roomy and less sardine like a typical New York Station, no snug just your eyes getting a great sight...

But even so, do we need all of that to counter the effects of riding in a sardine can? I cast doubt.

A station doesn't help with passenger flow. More trains and tracks do. So barring any further additions to the current platform, this new 'station house' does nothing for the future other than make a 'fancy' looking atrium for a typical station.

IT DOESN'T JUSTIFY THE COSTS!

If you are in favor of it so much, then feel free to demonstrate it outside the current PATH entrance at the WTC area.

More trains and tracks? Sor apparently, you are redirecting people onto the tracks? Uh-ya-yuy, the third rail just made a record, it electrocuted more than 6,000 people in day one and I don't have to demostrate, it is already going thru and is getting built and is in the plan.

I see that you're STILL posting nonsense??? Smh when will you ever learn....

Archived