If you were the head of NYCT

trainfan22

Heres an updated list LOL

for buses

1]The hybrids would be scrapped ASAP

2]The artics would also be scrapped and the replaced with RTS actics.

3]The RTSs in bad shape would be GOHed and put back into service.

4]The fishbowls would be put back into service

5] The grummen flexbles from the 80s still would be in service after multiple GOHs

6]private bus lines would be bought back and every bus from the private bus line era would be GOHed and put back into service.

Now thats what I'm talking about!!

Except for the hybrids being scrapted. Add some RTS Low Floor hybrids, and it's on!

1]The R32-R42 fleets would be GOHed again

2]The R26/28/29s and the R36s WF would be taken out the ocean restored to running conition and put back into service on the (2)(4)(5) and (7) lines.

3] The R33ML would also be put back into service

4]Build a time machine go back into time to prevent the arnies low Vs and BMT standards from being scrapped and still would be running to this day after multple GOHs.

5]While im back in time i will also prevent the R10s R12s R17s R21/22s R30s from being scrapped and would also still be running to this day after multple GOHs

6]The R62/As and the R68/As would have railfan windows again

7] the R44s R46s R142s R143s and the R160s would be scrapped!!!

And I suppose the Mineola, John B. McDonald, and August Belmont would be seeing regular service on the GC shuttle, along with a Q type? (as I believe Q types can stop at IRT Platforms, never mind that whole "no wood cars indoors" thing...) :D

- Make a Depot @ JFK for more CNG buses, since they can fuel those there.

- Transfer half of the C40LF CNG's into the Bronx.

- Transfer 1/3 of ZF VII CNG's into Brooklyn.

- Remove alot of bus stops.

- Make sure people turn off thier buses longer @ the last stop, that way a late bus can catch up.

- Change the Bx4 annd 14 service, making the Bx4 extend to Country Club and Pelham Bay instead, while the Bx14 goes from the very end of Lafayette Avenue to Monsignor Scanlan High School, then turn and go through throggs neck, there's a need of better transportation there.

- Create a O train (all the good letters are taken), that goes from the 1 train's first stop in the Bronx, through all the other trains in the bronx, then go to Queens by Flushing, then to Jamaica, then down to flatbush, and continuing to Coney Island.

- Send some Hybrids into the Bronx, there's too many in Queens.

- Make the Bx30 run to Fordham, by turning right on Gun Hill, then left on Bronxwood, and then go to Boston road to reach Pelham Bay, the rest will be the same as the W60,61,62 buses going to Fordham.

- Remove 2 ignorantly placed stops on the Bx31, 222St and Chester St, and then make the Bx31 turn by PS112 instead of Baychester Projects, and then return to it's original route. Also adding service between 2:00am-4:40am making it come every 40 minutes.

- Make the QBx1 go to Jamaica making express stops.

- Remove ignorantly placed stops on the Q8, there's one before you cross the street, and another one after you cross the street, and there's not even a bus there to transfer to, it takes up parking spaces.

- Let each subway line have more variety in subway cars used.

- Make the Bx5 continue to Co-op City, after Pelham Bay, it's basically the Bx12 route to Bay Plaza.

This is just some ideas I have.

1]The R32-R42 fleets would be GOHed again

2]The R26/28/29s and the R36s WF would be taken out the ocean restored to running conition and put back into service on the (2)(4)(5) and (7) lines.

3] The R33ML would also be put back into service

4]Build a time machine go back into time to prevent the arnies low Vs and BMT standards from being scrapped and still would be running to this day after multple GOHs.

5]While im back in time i will also prevent the R10s R12s R17s R21/22s R30s from being scrapped and would also still be running to this day after multple GOHs

6]The R62/As and the R68/As would have railfan windows again

7] the R44s R46s R142s R143s and the R160s would be scrapped!!!

for buses

1]The hybrids would be scrapped ASAP

2]The artics would also be scrapped and the replaced with RTS actics.

3]The RTSs in bad shape would be GOHed and put back into service.

4]The fishbowls would be put back into service

5] The grummen flexbles from the 80s still would be in service after multiple GOHs

6]private bus lines would be bought back and every bus from the private bus line era would be GOHed and put back into service.[/quote]

i see you have some very Wonderful ideas there...

^^ How about just the Private Bus Line's paint, but with the MTA logo to prevent confusion? (Like when the switch was just happening.) :D

And what's wrong with the Artics and Hybrids? Hybrids = Take off very quick and can help you make some lights, and it's fun listening to it go faster and faster. The D60HF is probably my second favorite bus too, but ahh it's just opinions...

- Change the Bx4 annd 14 service, making the Bx4 extend to Country Club and Pelham Bay instead, while the Bx14 goes from the very end of Lafayette Avenue to Monsignor Scanlan High School, then turn and go through throggs neck, there's a need of better transportation there.

I agree with your Bx4 extension, but not with your Bx14 extension. The primary purpose of the Bx14 is to connect a neighborhood with a train - the Country Club neighborhood with the (6). Throgs Neck already has three buses running through it: the Bx8, the Bx40 and the Bx42; it's got adequate bus service. Besides, the part of Lafayette Avenue that Scanlan is on (I went there, by the way) isn't connected to the rest of Lafayette; it would have to run via Brush/Bruckner/Zerega in order to get to the other part of Lafayette. Such a route wouldn't connect at all to a train, and would be, for all practical purposes, useless.

- Make the Bx30 run to Fordham, by turning right on Gun Hill, then left on Bronxwood, and then go to Boston road to reach Pelham Bay, the rest will be the same as the W60,61,62 buses going to Fordham.

I agree with that one.

- Make the Bx5 continue to Co-op City, after Pelham Bay, it's basically the Bx12 route to Bay Plaza.

I'd send the Bx5 just to Section 5, which lacks adequate bus service.

Hmm maybe the 14 should be scrapped after the Bx4 goes by the Bx14 route after Westchester Square or even Parkchester. Believe it or not, the 14 and the 4 are about the same exact speed usually from Westchester Square to Parkchester.

Another extension I might add is the Bx8 going to 233st, that way it will be more easy to get to the 8. It would run on Bronxwood until 233st going Northbound, and Southbound it will start on 233st and White Plains Road, and turn on 222st.

If I was in charge of the NYCT, I would:

A) Make the M7 Limited during Rush Hours and extend it to 168 St, making Limited Stops from 14th St and 145 St.

:P Place the R160A's on the (C) and R160B's on the (A) (replacing the R32 and R38)

C) Increase service on the (A) and (C) to reduce overcrowding.

D) Actually figure out a way to implement all things that will be halted due to the budget.

(fanciful stuff only)

- New tunnels with turbine powered super-express trains that only stop at like 4-5 stops at the most

- cortlandt street (1) re-opened and free transfer to (E)

- AirTrain to LGD

- Second RIOC tramway or pedestrian bridge to manhattan ~ 84th st

- All stations clean and well kept with clean bathrooms and efficient use of lighting

- No pee smell anywhere, unless its from your biz in the bathroom you're currently using.

- Heavy rail connection between NYP and GCT under manhattan

- Elevated (T) complete with elevated pedestrian cross-connect through central park to the highline.

- Ear plugs sold at station offices and metrocard machines for loud braking ear protection.

- New service connecting terminals where possible

- FREE!

I am sure some of this is actually possible, but the chances of it happening?? Not too good. :cool:

(fanciful stuff only)

- AirTrain to LGD

QUOTE]

lol... you mean LGA??

Indeed. I am perpetually typo prone, and lacking of sleep, thanks for the correction. I think my brain was trying to put LGA, and my hands were thinking "ohh lets go to paris, CDG" because i've been trying to plan a trip there. :)

- Andy

Indeed. I am perpetually typo prone, and lacking of sleep, thanks for the correction. I think my brain was trying to put LGA, and my hands were thinking "ohh lets go to paris, CDG" because i've been trying to plan a trip there. :)

- Andy

Yeah I knew. I was just messin with you. But hell yeah, I gotta get to CDG soon too! My best friend just went on a European trip with his wife, who just finished her tour in Iraq. Paris, Milan, Amsterdam, and Zurich.... Ok sorry! That was a little off topic.

Yeah I knew. I was just messin with you. But hell yeah, I gotta get to CDG soon too! My best friend just went on a European trip with his wife, who just finished her tour in Iraq. Paris, Milan, Amsterdam, and Zurich.... Ok sorry! That was a little off topic.

Well sometimes you gotta be off topic a lil. I talk to a lot of people who fly from the west coast into LGA and have to get a bus or taxi to get to their hotel in midtown. A rail connection to just the (7), or... to jackson heights (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) would do wonders i think for LGA, and relieving delays at JFK due to gate over-booking at least a little bit.

Well sometimes you gotta be off topic a lil. I talk to a lot of people who fly from the west coast into LGA and have to get a bus or taxi to get to their hotel in midtown. A rail connection to just the (7), or... to jackson heights (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) would do wonders i think for LGA, and relieving delays at JFK due to gate over-booking at least a little bit.

It probably will. When I walk to my home station (the one you just mentioned) the Q47 and Q19B both pass by often, and the buses are PACKED.

If I was head of NYCT first thing I'd do is give all employees a raise and lower the retirement to 20 years with no age requirment and push for a raise.

Second thing I'd do is to stop the R160 from being built, and scrap the ones that have already been built or try to make money off them some how and give the contract to build our cars to an American Company such as Pullman Standard to build us new subway cars.

...and give the contract to build our cars to an American Company such as Pullman Standard to build us new subway cars.

Hate to burst your bubble but Pullman Standard is defunct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_Company

In fact I wonder if any railcars are made in the US anymore...

actually scratch that at least these still are...

http://www.woodentrain.com/

:D:D:D

If I was head of NYCT first thing I'd do is give all employees a raise and lower the retirement to 20 years with no age requirment and push for a raise.

Agreed. They should get more money, so they can stop complaning about it. I would also use my money more wisely. I would leave the R160 orders, ect. for now. When the projects are all finished, I will leave some $ extra for future projects/improvements, while still improving (MTA)

The whole train would smell like garbage then. Thats not good.
But they already do! :D LOL jk...

This wouldn't do a much of a change in smell though, I'm not talking about a BIG trash compartment, just a simple normal sized one that opens and closes. Just one with a removable plastic bin in each train car so it won't smell.

But they already do! :D LOL jk...

This wouldn't do a much of a change in smell though, I'm not talking about a BIG trash compartment, just a simple normal sized one that opens and closes. Just one with a removable plastic bin in each train car so it won't smell.

(NJT) has trash receptacles in their rail cars (only the ones with middle doors and not 100% of those plus the Cvi) and it never smells like trash, they are of a pretty decent capacity too. I think having more receptacles on the platforms would help, and not take up needed people space. If you could make it newspaper only it might work...

- Andy

• 1 year later...

- Remove the one color LED indicators from the fronts of the new cars and put color LCD screens in.

- Extend (7)(E)(F)(J) towards eastern queens

- More LIRR service to the east end

- Specific shuttle busses to and from stations for towns with no train station.

- Increase Freight on the LIRR.

- Diesel Service to Roosevelt Field Mall along Garden City Secondary.

Archived