500 S/A Lay off's Have Been Cancelled For The Time Being!!!

Will-Bx-718

As of 12am the union has filed and injunction against the MTA. So for the time being me and 499 of my brothers and sisters have a job for a little while longer. People who haven't saved any money better start doing so now. Between my 401k,457b and pension I have about 33K saved up. I plan on uping the amounts taken from my check from my 401K and 457B so I can have an even bigger cushion when the axe comes down. And I repeat we Need All The Support Of All Titles And Members. Now that we see how the MTA will try to throw you under the train when they want to lay you off. Remember this could have been you that was in the cross hairs of Jay Walder and company.

Wow. That's great news bro! I'm sure that must ease your mind a little, as it does mine, even if just a tad.. the reason I'm even up at this time is b/c I'm stressed out about the possibility of being laid off and what I'm going to do if it happened.

Glad to hear our union is actually fighting for us. :tup:

Wow. That's great news bro! I'm sure that must ease your mind a little, as it does mine, even if just a tad.. the reason I'm even up at this time is b/c I'm stressed out about the possibility of being laid off and what I'm going to do if it happened.

Glad to hear our union is actually fighting for us. :tup:

Well I suggest you start saving more money and increasing your 401k and 457b amounts or percentages. So that if the day does come your will at least have a little cushion with your finances. I planned on going back to school and I'am still sticking with that idea. Now that I see how shady the MTA really is.

Ahhhhh... Will, I'm really happy for you and your fellow S/A's. You men and women have been some of the biggest public targets for a long time just because you're so visible and a lot of people are unemployed, jealous and look to share their misery by calling for others to join them. That's b.s., since a lot of these out-of-work people have families that they're now struggling to support, and between the public crying foul and management bending over backwards to satisfy a dissented public who never has been content and never will be happy, it's absurd to rob hundreds of hard-working bread winners their meal tickets. "Antiquated" and "unnecessary" are terms that should be used to describe some of the ways that your management has dealt with the fiscal crisis, and I'm really happy to hear that you and your brothers and sisters aren't headed down to P.S. 248 with a box full of memories and a mind full of worries.

I have a pretty fair idea where you're standing regarding the job, since I'm looking at very possibly being cut myself by 01 July. And that's an excellent idea to increase your contribution amounts while you can. *Note to everyone facing the same threat anywhere: if you can, please follow suit. I'm not giving advice, only a suggestion. Tax-deferred etirement funds are your provisions for the future, and if you're able to afford less money in your pocket now, you'll be able to enjoy your money later in life when it really matters - retirement.

I really hope that things work out for you and those in your title, as well as all as everyone with a blue collar currently WORKING(!!!!) at Transit.

And Will, disregard Phrasier Crane a.k.a. Crazier Brain. Harry, if that account has already been blocked, please edit this post to remove this paragraph. If that clown put a tenth of the effort into maintaining the job that he/she had as he/she does thinking of immature PM's and posts, or devoted nearly as much time to finding a job as he/she does typing these PM's and posts, or even acted like a normal human being over the age of 2, he/she wouldn't even be a topic of conversation. Instead, someone left the crib gate open, and he/she took what was in his/her Pampers and has been flinging it at other Forums for months now. Stupid, unnecessary, moronic, corny and just a jealous and spiteful person who, what Will has said is true, was THE best cut that the (MTA) has ever made.

Congrats, Will and Co. You deserved it. :tup: :P :tup:

Oh yeah you C/R's out there be on point......

Yeah the S#%t is really gonna hit the fan now. The TA hates it when it can't get it's way so expect things to really get petty now. Especially for my title. I'am sure they are gonna have S/S I's and S/S II's on the road busting S/A's balls now for minor things like not wearing your tie all the way until may 31st or not having your badge in the window.

The MTA better learn fast that we don't go down without a FIGHT!!!

i'll be honest with you.i had NO confidence in the union....they were assing around at at one point did not have a clue with how they were going to attack the ta in regards to this...........now hopefully things will be for the better, because walder has to awnser some questions on why he wants to cut so much staff..........500 is a lot of clerks...........

Unfortunately walder doesn't have to answer questions on the amount of clerks

the layoffs are being delayed based on a technicality

the layoffs cannot be averted because the mta has the right to layoff people because that layoff clause no longer exists .

i still think concessions from the union are coming, today's news is just a delay tactic. i read in this week's "The Chief Leader" that Samuelsen offered management a one-time stop-gap concession to avert the layoffs but the (MTA) refused, saying it needs long-term savings instead

That is great news a union rep was on the (6) telling us about it. Also found out the some Westchester Yd car cleaners and inspectors where also given papers.

I won't lie, and don't wanna see anyone lose their jobs, but if the Supervisors of the Car Inspectors at Westchester made sure their cars were maintained better, I would root for them to keep their jobs. Based on the crap we operate over there (it is unacceptable the bucking and dead motors), if I was Walder and just rode one day on that line, I would personally can the Supervisors there. The Kawasakis on the (4) don't buck or squeal as much, cause they maintain their stuff..........

As for the Station Agents, this morning on the (6) line, is case and point of why they are needed. If they weren't there, who would direct customers on alternate routes. One S/A can't do it. That is impossible..........

i still think concessions from the union are coming, today's news is just a delay tactic.

I'm pretty sure that the workers who were about to get laid off appreciate that tactic.

i'll be honest with you.i had NO confidence in the union....they were assing around at at one point did not have a clue with how they were going to attack the ta in regards to this...........

What did you want them to do, talk about their plans and strategies out loud so that the MTA could better plan their counterattack in front of the judge? Sometimes it's better to play your cards close to the vest.

What did you want them to do, talk about their plans and strategies out loud so that the MTA could better plan their counterattack in front of the judge? Sometimes it's better to play your cards close to the vest.

Exactly this move caught the MTA totally off guard....

Archived