NFL HOF and Ex-Giants Great Lawerence Taylor arrested and Charged w/ raping teen girl

Shortline Bus

There's a difference between sex and rape. Tiger and A-Rod simply wanted to get their freak on. Kobe, on the other hand, (allegedly) raped a woman in a hotel (why does sh*t always happen in a hotel?). MJ was simply a compulsive gambler.

you missed the point....

...and shit always goes down in hotels b/c it provides a haven for people to do all sorts of dirt.... you can get the most destitute crack addict, or your most ostentatious, high-falutin (sp?) celebrity to "go get a room".... if you catch my drift.

Well sure Tiger and A-Rod cheated on their wives and that's not as bad as hiring an underaged prostitute, but that doesn't make them ideal role models either. You can appreciate what they do on the field, but as far as that don't look up to them for off the field activities.

That was the general point I was tryna make w/ that part of the post.

Gamblers, adulterers, and rapists are not characteristics that you want a kid, or another loved one to take upon....

• 2 weeks later...

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old topic but an update on this case. Lawerence Taylor and the Rockland County DA agreed on a plea deal in which Taylor agrees to 6 years probabtion. He gets no jail time but admits gulit in this case mainly for having sexual intercourse with a 16-year old underage 'minor.'

However the biggest loss for Taylor is that he is now a 'sex offender' for life.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/01/13/2011-01-13_former_giants_great_lawrence_taylor_scores_big_time_with_nojail_deal_cops_to_two.html

In some other countries this wouldn't even be an issue, 16,17,18yrs old what is the difference really? not much I say. LT is not too bright obviously, never believe anything a

teen aged girl tells you, lol.

Tell me why the age of consent laws vary amongst different countries. I don't see a 16yr old as being a "child." Ah, but the religious conservatives in this country are the ones with the problem.

In some other countries this wouldn't even be an issue, 16,17,18yrs old what is the difference really? not much I say. LT is not too bright obviously, never believe anything a

teen aged girl tells you, lol.

Tell me why the age of consent laws vary amongst different countries. I don't see a 16yr old as being a "child." Ah, but the religious conservatives in this country are the ones with the problem.

Even in this country, the 'age of consent' for sexual intercourse is different. A few states it is only age 16. However for most of America it is age 17-18. On an issue like that it should be uniformally in all 50 states.

In other successful industrialized countries the age of consent is as low as 14. Even in the United States, most teens are well aware of the different aspects of sex, the consequences, and the "importance" of virginity and should be able to make informed decisions. Only the highly sheltered teens have no awareness of what their *****s are for, and the state laws put the threshold at a safer number like age 16 or 17 to protect these developmentally delayed.

Archived