When was your last fight?

The argument wasn't tense, none of us were angry, it was more of a debate, the T/O had a way of convincing me that the subways were better.

Bus operators:

*Can not force passengers to pay fare if they don't pay

*Deal with road traffic

*Tight turns

*watch out for selfish drivers

Train Operators don't have to deal so much because the train goes along the rails as opposed to bus movement that requires steering and turning, train is already in the fare zone.

Since I did both, surface is exciting, as you never know what passenger, what supervisor, or what other driver (cars), will up your blood pressure.......

Subways = Boring as hell, except for me tonight, since I had to retain a stop arm, on a marker signal, that put the train BIE on the offside. It was fun trying to use the shoe paddle to wedge between the stop arm, and the rest plate, then force the signal down to hook it. Had to go up and down between the cars, to check around train, before it was found. Uniform is filthy, oh what fun tonight was. I started missing buses tonight.........

As to last fight, I won't say, but a few here know. We have a code of ethics here at MTA, and even though I wasn't arrested since it was my place, and I called the cops after I dished out the ass whippin, I don't want TA to see me as a untamed monkey, you know the way they treat and think of most of us............

It's best we don't know the details then, but I do applaud you dealing the ass whipping though :)

It was coming for weeks, and the idiot didn't take the hint. Will never do it again, as my right pinky is jacked up, with a knot in the knuckle just behind the nail. Won't bend all the way, and this fight was in December. Had to go to work the next day too. Was on board, and picked up a job with my painful hurt pinky, on the (3) of all lines. The (3), with those hard to hold down master controllers. I was ready to cry operating that train. Putting my operating gloves on, hurt like hell...........

MTA says remember dishing out an ass whippin while working here, is dishing out a $70,000 ass whippin (if you get caught, and locked up). If I were to call out, due to my pinky being dislocated, I would have lost money, as I would have gotten 8hrs, but lost the board time, etc..........

Ouch! Thanks for putting that into perspective.

I know the feeling about a broken finger. I was careless one night walking the dog. It got spooked and while i was still holding the leash, I felt a sharp 'snap'/bending and my left ring finger was swollen. To this day it is stuck in a 'bent shape'. Barring a surgery to correct it, it's stuck that way :)

Ouch! Thanks for putting that into perspective.

I know the feeling about a broken finger. I was careless one night walking the dog. It got spooked and while i was still holding the leash, I felt a sharp 'snap'/bending and my left ring finger was swollen. To this day it is stuck in a 'bent shape'. Barring a surgery to correct it, it's stuck that way :)

Someone on the job use to play HS football. He told me he messing one of his fingers up, and till this day, he is having problems with it. Fingers are very delicate, and it seems at a certain age, they just don't go back to normal when damaged. Don't get me wrong, my finger still hurts when I squeeze it, and it makes that clicking sound when I pull or twist it. I really think I tore some ligaments in the joint.........

Yeah, if I try to 'straiten out' my finger, it'll hurt like hell. Otoh, if I'm holding onto a bag or something, it won't be so easy to try and pry it out of my hand.

I've learnt my lesson years ago about about 'cracking knuckles'. That'll wear away the cartillage b/w the joints. I only do that now if my fingers are really sore.

• 2 weeks later...

in my house, we always argue and fight so its nothing to me. Here are my most recent...

Verbal: at work, my co-worker/a**hole/friend got into an argument cuz I asked for my PSP battery back since I was getting my PSP fixed. He keep saying that I let him keep it but I let him borrow it cuz mine was broken and I wasn't using it. Then he got mad and started swearing up a storm and I wanted to (believe me, I really wanted to lol) but there was a customer in front of me with a little kid so I just let it go...for now

Physical: 2 days ago, I found out that my little brother is getting left back in the 8th grade cuz he keeps cutting school. So when I opened the apartment door, I caved his chest in and we just started fistfighting in the doorway. Although he's only 14, he's 5'9 (I'm 6'2) we fought like we was total strangers. In the end, he was bruised (I threw him into the kitchen wall), I was bruised (he kicked me into the door) and there were a few holes in the wall that I gotta pay for (I swung once and kinda hit the wall instead).

I'm just a very short-tempered person :cool:

ahh nothing like bortherly love :P.

my last physical fight was actually over 6 months ago which was when i got suspended 3 days for fighting however the person i was fighting with got suspendo 8 days 5 in school and 3 out... lets just say a fight might be good to vent out but dont do it at school lol

Since I did both, surface is exciting, as you never know what passenger, what supervisor, or what other driver (cars), will up your blood pressure.......

Subways = Boring as hell, except for me tonight, since I had to retain a stop arm, on a marker signal, that put the train BIE on the offside. It was fun trying to use the shoe paddle to wedge between the stop arm, and the rest plate, then force the signal down to hook it. Had to go up and down between the cars, to check around train, before it was found. Uniform is filthy, oh what fun tonight was. I started missing buses tonight.........

As to last fight, I won't say, but a few here know. We have a code of ethics here at MTA, and even though I wasn't arrested since it was my place, and I called the cops after I dished out the ass whippin, I don't want TA to see me as a untamed monkey, you know the way they treat and think of most of us............

Wow, man you sure had it both ways, Bus operating increasing your blood pressure, I'll have to agree, the passengers, the fellow cars that sometimes cut you off when operating a bus, all of these can drive B/O's crazy, well I do have some B/O pals that don't mind it too much they say "Brush it off, and move on" You can't afford to become too upset at these obstacles while operating a bus. Sometimes I've seen bus operators having fights with other drivers, which can be quite scary.

Wow, now you're in the underground, I see that you're missing the buses a bit.

Be careful who you fight against, don't want the TA to go knocking your door.

in my house, we always argue and fight so its nothing to me. Here are my most recent...

Verbal: at work, my co-worker/a**hole/friend got into an argument cuz I asked for my PSP battery back since I was getting my PSP fixed. He keep saying that I let him keep it but I let him borrow it cuz mine was broken and I wasn't using it. Then he got mad and started swearing up a storm and I wanted to (believe me, I really wanted to lol) but there was a customer in front of me with a little kid so I just let it go...for now

Physical: 2 days ago, I found out that my little brother is getting left back in the 8th grade cuz he keeps cutting school. So when I opened the apartment door, I caved his chest in and we just started fistfighting in the doorway. Although he's only 14, he's 5'9 (I'm 6'2) we fought like we was total strangers. In the end, he was bruised (I threw him into the kitchen wall), I was bruised (he kicked me into the door) and there were a few holes in the wall that I gotta pay for (I swung once and kinda hit the wall instead).

I'm just a very short-tempered person :cool:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!

This woman on the S79 was complaining that I was talking on the phone too loud, so I told her to "piss off ya old smut and mind her own gotdamn business." All the passengers including the bus driver were rolling!

Majority of people on the South Shore of Staten Island are obnoxious and snotty anyway.

This woman on the S79 was complaining that I was talking on the phone too loud, so I told her to "piss off ya old smut and mind her own gotdamn business." All the passengers including the bus driver were rolling!

Majority of people on the South Shore of Staten Island are obnoxious and snotty anyway.

Wow, that's weird, Not too many people talk too loud on the bus. Good for you!

Wow, that's weird, Not too many people talk too loud on the bus. Good for you!

I wasn't even talking loud in the first place, dumb b!tch was just looking to start with someone. If it was really a problem the bus driver would have said something, especially because I knew him too.

I wasn't even talking loud in the first place, dumb b!tch was just looking to start with someone. If it was really a problem the bus driver would have said something, especially because I knew him too.

One of the many reasons I don't even use my cell phone on the bus or subway. I don't want to be involved in any argument whatsoever with any passenger because of me using my cell phone. In fact I just got involved in one on the (F) going home for the exact same reason, I just told my caller to talk later and hung up.

One of the many reasons I don't even use my cell phone on the bus or subway. I don't want to be involved in any argument whatsoever with any passenger because of me using my cell phone. In fact I just got involved in one on the (F) going home for the exact same reason, I just told my caller to talk later and hung up.

I stand my ground, especially if I'm not doing anything wrong. If the person is really bothered by it then they can move their asses to another part of the car or onto another car altogether. To hell with em!

Verbal - Last week I got into it with a school safety officer, she addressed me disrespectfully and with a disrespectful tone and I'm no longer the type to just fall back and say nothing so let's just say I won the little argument, and they say women win every argument lol. I made her look very stupid, I was speaking in a normal voice (I was loud at first) and I actually didn't get disrespectful, I was going to but I caught myself. Throwing someone off by being sensible & having validity > Being loud and disrespectful. My motto actually applied to this.

Physical - 7th Grade, fought a former friend, after the fight I found out he was racist. Now I usually have a good temper but he was talking so much smack then I was like "alright its whatever we'll see at lunch". Lunch time he was nowhere to be found, I was gonna let it go but my friend insisted on finding him, it got to the point where he was literally trying to avoid us. All I heard was something something mother then it was over, I got in his face and he hit me first then I remember "blacking out" then being pulled off of him while he was laying there on the ground. I really felt bad for him but 5 minutes later he then got beat up again by 2 different people for calling them the "N" word so it is what it is. I didn't get in trouble because he was known as the trouble maker and I was known as a smart student. All day everyone (even people I get along with) came to tell me "oh you beat him up", "that fight was ill" and nonsense like that.

I'm such a bird for writing that lol.

Scratch that physical one, I forgot about in the 10th Grade. A friend of mine came at me in a very "innapropriate" way in the computer room while I was leaned over reaching for my folder across the table. I turned around and decked him and he went flying into the chalk board about 10 feet away (heavy-handed). I'm not homophobic at all but don't do that to me and I didn't even know he was like that until that incident. I was gonna beat the blank out of him right then and there but I'm too nice for some reason.

Scratch that physical one, I forgot about in the 10th Grade. A friend of mine came at me in a very "innapropriate" way in the computer room while I was leaned over reaching for my folder across the table. I turned around and decked him and he went flying into the chalk board about 10 feet away (heavy-handed). I'm not homophobic at all but don't do that to me and I didn't even know he was like that until that incident. I was gonna beat the blank out of him right then and there but I'm too nice for some reason.

Now that's restraint. If I got into a fight like that and someone [teacher] was there to see it, I would've been in deep shit at my HS. Not to mention how embarassing that would be spreading around as a rumor.

Two weeks ago. Me and my brother got into an argument. It went from word exchanges to him jabbing me in the chest to which I responded with a hook to the nose.

If that's the case then, we'll do our best not to tick you off.

I usually end up having to wrassle with one of my patients who are either intoxicated or high on drugs once a month. Does that count?

That counts.

Archived