Why cant you photograph PATH trains?

Port Authority fears terrorism, I suppose.

Exactly, they've been overly paranoid since 9/11. But it's not without reason, since the world trade center was PA property, I believe.

But still, they should get over themselves. if terrorists want to blow stuff up, they'll find a way regardless of whether or not we railfans are taking pictures. just look at Times Square last week... and that was ONE guy. It's just pure luck for the City that all the most recent plots have either been uncovered or been botched....

Exactly, they've been overly paranoid since 9/11. But it's not without reason, since the world trade center was PA property, I believe.

But still, they should get over themselves. if terrorists want to blow stuff up, they'll find a way regardless of whether or not we railfans are taking pictures. just look at Times Square last week... and that was ONE guy. It's just pure luck for the City that all the most recent plots have either been uncovered or been botched....

I know how you feel.

When I took pic (MTA) Regional Bus or other buses in LGA/JFK Airport, PANY&NJ did not stop me, even when I took pic of NJ Buses in EWR.

When I took pic at GWB or PABT, which is PANY&NJ did not say anything.

It's not that. PATH doesn't encourage photography in the system because they feel/felt that it encouraged graffiti.

You really can't blame the PA for being so paranoid. If you think about it, if a terrorist decides to do something on a PATH train under the Hudson Tubes, they believe that those a**holes have the potential to knock out the Tubes and flood the tunnel and Manhattan.

They are so obsessed with terrorism, they don't even have garbage cans in their system.

But it could also mean other things though.. such as them not wanting to hire folks to pick up garbage bags. Remember, some of these things were already practised before 9/11.

It's not that. PATH doesn't encourage photography in the system because they feel/felt that it encouraged graffiti.

Exactly. They had a no photography rule since before 9/11. They were just more strict about it til after 9/11.

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly. They had a no photography rule since before 9/11. They were just more strict about it til after 9/11.

Not only the PATH, but in Port Authority Bus Terminal as well. When I had a break at PABT and got a cup of coffee or a hot dog, I seen people with cameras taking pictures. PAPD came and pretty much asked them to stop, and these were tourists, not the regular everyday rider that you might see on the 167 or 128.

Archived