At least 60 ppl. hurt in SI Ferry Crash on Staten Island

Shortline Bus

60 hurt in NYC ferry crash

Some passengers were being taken to area hospitals

May 8, 2010

NEW YORK (MSNBC/WNBC-TV) - As many as 60 people were injured when one of the Staten Island Ferry boats struck a pier at the dock on Staten Island, WNBC-TV reported Saturday.

New York City Police and Fire Department officials say the injuries appeared to be minor. They were unsure how severe the accident was or how much damage was done to the ferry.

Some passengers were being taken by ambulance to area hospitals. Others were being bandaged and comforted by firefighters at the scene, according to the Associated Press.

News link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37036423/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

I was about to post a new thread with the news, but found you beat me to it.

While the causes are still unclear, I am worried about the high rate of accidents on the Ferry in recent years. It does not appear that the boats are in good shape.

60 hurt in NYC ferry crash

Some passengers were being taken to area hospitals

May 8, 2010

NEW YORK (MSNBC/WNBC-TV) - As many as 60 people were injured when one of the Staten Island Ferry boats struck a pier at the dock on Staten Island, WNBC-TV reported Saturday.

New York City Police and Fire Department officials say the injuries appeared to be minor. They were unsure how severe the accident was or how much damage was done to the ferry.

Some passengers were being taken by ambulance to area hospitals. Others were being bandaged and comforted by firefighters at the scene, according to the Associated Press.

News link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37036423/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

they need to get their act together.

Don't worry everyone, I'm a-okay!!! :o

!

nobody cares :P

More like the bootleg version of Titanic..

That boat is a death trap, i bet many people are gonna wait for the next boat lol.

But sad story tho!

Don't worry everyone, I'm a-okay!!! :o

Ironic, huh? I got on the 7:00 boat to SI and a few hours later, an accident.

Wow!

Good but the R40.... Where is it? In the water!! with the Redbirds :P

This is terrible news. I think its time to remove the Barberi from service for good.

I agree. Every time I get on that boat I get chills because it's haunted. People died on that boat, and here you go, another incident with the SAME boat.

Well it is a high capacity carrying boat, it would be stupid to shelf it after one accident. But unless it was human error or they couldn't control the boat in terms of the waters/wind, then it is time to hold off that boat for more calmer conditions or something.

I still find it unbelievable it was the very same boat again.

Archived