Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

So do they contact your former employers or just your personal references? Chris,you were being sarcastic when you said that Mayor Bloomberg was thinking about hiring the homeless as bus operators. There shouldn't be a problem finding qualified people to work for the city as bus operators.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do they contact your former employers or just your personal references? Chris,you were being sarcastic when you said that Mayor Bloomberg was thinking about hiring the homeless as bus operators. There shouldn't be a problem finding qualified people to work for the city as bus operators.

They did NOT contact any of my former employers. I know that because I still speak with all of them. You still want to be honest. Do NOT put down any job you worked off the books.

Yes I was being sarcastic when I said that about Bloomberg hiring the homeless as bus operators.

Those ladies who work in human resource must be so tired of dealing with people who are getting hired as bus operators. At this point, even if there is something that doesn't quite match up, and if you can get lost in the mix, you should slide right through. Between us, I wasn't squeeky clean. I made it. You guys should have no problem.

Between us, I wasn't squeeky clean. I made it. You guys should have no problem.

If they find out, show up at the depot, and fire you on the spot, will I hear the crying from STI to the Bx? I just want to know, so I ain't startled wondering what that unearthly crying is.

NAMM: Do not put anything down that was off the books. Leave it blank. Now within those two years just put down that you were supported by parents. You can not leave anything blank. They ask you to go ten years back. So basically from ten years ago today, till now, you have to show how you earned any type of income. If youw ere unemployed, LIKE YOU WERE FOR 2 YEARS, then you show that you were supported by parents.

I told him the same thing.

If they find out, show up at the depot, and fire you on the spot, will I hear the crying from STI to the Bx? I just want to know, so I ain't startled wondering what that unearthly crying is.

They did that to a new T/O a few months ago. They found out something and fired him he was 10 Months out. They called him after his tour on the J Line to report to 130 Liv the next day and do not report to your job. He then comes back a few days later and told everyone at Parsons he got fired. One thing (MTA) hates more then anything is to find out you lied to them.

I understand, although I did not lie to them. I got a ticket, but the cop threw it away. So when I went to 180 livingston, I told them what the deal was. They said "thats ok but if somehow the ticket was not thrown away, then you will be fired". I then told someone else at 180 livingston, and that person said the same thing. So basically, I didn't really lie to them. I told them upfront. I paid a lawyer for legal advice about the matter. The lawyer told me to tell them upfront, and if it something goes wrong to call him back. The whole fee for the lawyer cost me $600.00. He spoke to them at 180 Livingston as well. So, as you can see, when I went to 180 livingston, I was VERY prepared.

When I said I wasn't squeaky clean, thats what I meant.

The only people who can lie are the lawyers(liar for hire). I heard of a guy who was fired after working for 1 year at DSNY....they found out that his GED was a fake. I wonder if people have sued the MTA for getting disqualified for one reason or another. I don't think it is worth it,they(MTA)have unlimited resources.

The only people who can lie are the lawyers(liar for hire). I heard of a guy who was fired after working for 1 year at DSNY....they found out that his GED was a fake. I wonder if people have sued the MTA for getting disqualified for one reason or another. I don't think it is worth it,they(MTA)have unlimited resources.

That is one reason why they tell you to not quit your job. They ask if you have vacation days, and use that. They don't want people suing them, cause they quit their job, and did not get hired by them, due to them lying, or just not passing.

I understand, although I did not lie to them. I got a ticket, but the cop threw it away. So when I went to 180 livingston, I told them what the deal was. They said "thats ok but if somehow the ticket was not thrown away, then you will be fired". I then told someone else at 180 livingston, and that person said the same thing. So basically, I didn't really lie to them. I told them upfront. I paid a lawyer for legal advice about the matter. The lawyer told me to tell them upfront, and if it something goes wrong to call him back. The whole fee for the lawyer cost me $600.00. He spoke to them at 180 Livingston as well. So, as you can see, when I went to 180 livingston, I was VERY prepared.

When I said I wasn't squeaky clean, thats what I meant.

That ain't nothing. I got one in Rockland County (Sloatsburg), and the sheriff told me to plead not guilty and come to court. I did what he said, and just paid a fine for a non moving violation (these don't show up on any driving record). He had a line of people there, who drove for a living. He said he doesn't take the bread and butter out of those who drive for a livings mouths, but he always writes the ticket.

The way that area looks, and the way he sounded, I thought the word "boy" was going to come out.......

Just out of curiosity, what does the background check consist of? What could bar one from getting hired?

Lieing is the number 1 thing that can get you fired. Number 2 would be having too many points on your license (over 4). Number 3 would be any convictions. If you have a felony on your record, thats a BIG deal. Misdemeanor crimes are not that big of a deal. Next would be the amount of car accidents you got into in the last three years. I believe its either 3 or more, or 4 or more accidents in the last three years. - These are the only things that can stop you from getting hired when they call you down for the drug test.

After taking the drug test, if they deny you, you obviously know why.

Next, you get call for the medical. There are many reasons why you could get stopped here. After the medical, if your getting handed papers, books and when they start telling you about the job, your basically free and clear.

Lieing is the number 1 thing that can get you fired. Number 2 would be having too many points on your license (over 4). Number 3 would be any convictions. If you have a felony on your record, thats a BIG deal. Misdemeanor crimes are not that big of a deal. Next would be the amount of car accidents you got into in the last three years. I believe its either 3 or more, or 4 or more accidents in the last three years. - These are the only things that can stop you from getting hired when they call you down for the drug test.

After taking the drug test, if they deny you, you obviously know why.

Next, you get call for the medical. There are many reasons why you could get stopped here. After the medical, if your getting handed papers, books and when they start telling you about the job, your basically free and clear.

I was wondering because a friend of mine wants to be a T/O, but he has a felony from 1999 for Larsony in a building. I told him I didn't think it would be a big deal, but then again I don't know what to tell him.

That ain't nothing. I got one in Rockland County (Sloatsburg), and the sheriff told me to plead not guilty and come to court. I did what he said, and just paid a fine for a non moving violation (these don't show up on any driving record). He had a line of people there, who drove for a living. He said he doesn't take the bread and butter out of those who drive for a livings mouths, but he always writes the ticket.

The way that area looks, and the way he sounded, I thought the word "boy" was going to come out.......

" Now ya'll know you ain't supposed to be drivin' like dat out here boy!"

I got called for 2801 and i am going down on wednesday for drug test. you should call to find out what happened. my number was 2211

do anybody know what number they are up to on the 2801 exam? my number is 3162.00. one more question what is the phone number i could called to speak to ms starks? i heard she is the one that know about exam # 2801

Get there early. They will hand out numbers like the DMV according to when you arrive. I got there at 7 am and my number was 147. They won’t get started till after 10:00am so bring a bagel and something to drink. When they start calling numbers it will jump around a bit cause there will be people from the day before finishing up. When they call your number they will over look drivers License, Permit, passport ECT...After that they will tell you to give urine, that is if you have all your paperwork in order, and everything is good. Once you get to lab you have 3 hours to pee once your name is called. Dont leave the area till you pee. That is pretty much your Paper work and lab day. I’m waiting for final medical call.

Get there early. They will hand out numbers like the DMV according to when you arrive. I got there at 7 am and my number was 147. They won’t get started till after 10:00am so bring a bagel and something to drink. When they start calling numbers it will jump around a bit cause there will be people from the day before finishing up. When they call your number they will over look drivers License, Permit, passport ECT...After that they will tell you to give urine, that is if you have all your paperwork in order, and everything is good. Once you get to lab you have 3 hours to pee once your name is called. Dont leave the area till you pee. That is pretty much your Paper work and lab day. I’m waiting for final medical call.

Yes! Show up as early as possible. They say to get there at 7, well get there at 6. When you go upstairs, make sure nobody cuts you on the line. They will tell you to go to the fifth floor for human resources. Your number should be no more than 102. There could be an hour difference from the time you get called in, to the time number 110 gets called in. Seriously. Its even more relevent for the medical. MAKE SURE YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE THERE FOR THE MEDICAL. I was the third and I got out at 2:30. The first got out 45 minutes before me. If you show up at the exact time they tell you, you won't get out until 7:00 at night. This is a FACT.

Yes! Show up as early as possible. They say to get there at 7, well get there at 6. When you go upstairs, make sure nobody cuts you on the line. They will tell you to go to the fifth floor for human resources. Your number should be no more than 102. There could be an hour difference from the time you get called in, to the time number 110 gets called in. Seriously. Its even more relevent for the medical. MAKE SURE YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE THERE FOR THE MEDICAL. I was the third and I got out at 2:30. The first got out 45 minutes before me. If you show up at the exact time they tell you, you won't get out until 7:00 at night. This is a FACT.

How through is the medical that it took so long?

I was wondering because a friend of mine wants to be a T/O, but he has a felony from 1999 for Larsony in a building. I told him I didn't think it would be a big deal, but then again I don't know what to tell him.

Crime doesn't pay, and will bite you in the ass in the future, is what you could tell him. Felonies might disqualify you, due to the fact you are dealing with the public.

How through is the medical that it took so long?

Hey Gimmecks: I understand your situation. The medical process does take long, but it is not really that thorough. They have 5 different doctors and nurses. So every doctor does 1 thing. Therefore its not that it is thorough, its that the process is not extremely organized. Plus, everyone that works there has to go on lunch for an hour right?

Its the orgianization, not the thoroughness.

Archived